question about Mass Effect game

Ammon777

Sentinel
Is the Mass Effect game by Bioware coming to PC sometime? I cant find any news links saying so, and am wondering if its exclusively X-Box 360 title or not. Also, why is it covered here if its for X-Box? I thought Watch doesnt cover consoles. Thanks to anyone who knows answer! :)

I did look at Bioware site and it says Mass Effect is exclusive to X-Box 360 :/

theres a rumour that the world is coming to an end too. i tend to believe in logic though which dictates neither of them in the near future.

Gears of War is coming to the PC. It has been hinted in an interview. Just a matter of time they said.

But I don't think Mass Effect will come to the PC, because Bioware has Dragon Age coming to the PC probably as a replacment to Mass Effect.

its highly possible it comes out in around two years yes. but two years in gaming time is an eon. i was simply trying to overstate the riduclous notion that it would be coming out this year. even if it only took them 10 man hours to port it exclusivity is exlusivity.

i was simply trying to overstate the riduclous notion that it would be coming out this year

Yep - that notion belongs to the person quoted in the link ... I mean, the ETA is only 2007 for X360 ... no mention about timing in the article. *This* is how those stupid rumors get started ;)

Thanks for replies. I do hope it comes to PC since I dont use X-Box 360s...

It seems that about 90% of games ported to the PC from the Xbox series consoles end up stinking the place up.

To this day the only Xbox to PC port I actually enjoyed was Halo.

To this day the only Xbox to PC port I actually enjoyed was Halo.
Wow ... I look at that as *the* most over-rated shooter of all time. Had it been released on the PC it would have disappeared in a sea of mediocrity ...

I didn't say it was great, I said "I enjoyed" it.

I really liked the story behind it once you get near the end and begin to learn the background behind the Flood and the Halo's.

games like halo are the one of the main reasons i shy away from most fps. from the few hours i played it and watched it played on a friends console when it came out i saw it nothing more than a 'polished and fun arcade game' and had i played it when i was in that phase i would have enjoyed it thouroughly. modern 3-d pc games though have crushed any desire to devote what sparetime i have to the genre. at least if i game is going to force me to kill things and not see who the character is i'd at least like some decent dialogue from the game's protagonist whether with text or vocals. to me that is an inherent 'flaw' with any first person game that it must strive to overcome. i mean how many movies are told through a first person perspective? in games i don't play them as 'i am' the charcter but as i am in a symbiotic releasonship with the character. if there are not alot of options in a first-person game other than 'how to' kill to npc a-z then i at least want some dialogue from the character to do some explaining as i don't fancy myself as a person who even needs a fantasy of killing people. so with the benifit of immersion from first-person games comes, to me, the need to add a lot more to what is basically assuming the role of weapon scope rather a character who is brandishing one. to many this probably seems a silly notion and that game 'perspective' has only visual differences, but its how i feel.

One of the problems I have behind the general perception of Halo is that it seems few people have actually played very far into it.

People are too quick to pass judgment without experiencing the whole story.

Last edited:
I had a great many hours of fun w/ Halo, I think it had a pretty decent SP campaign. First preference is always mouse/keyboard for FPS, but it was definitely the best console FPS I had played at the time. I still pick it up now and then. Cruising around in the Warthog never gets old.
Good title to take over to someone's house, has some great MP maps too.

Halo for the PC was exactly what txa1265 said. I was very disappointed with it and thought it was one of the most overrated games only to be less overrated than Diablo 2.
What did Halo bring to the PC market that we didn't have before?

Halo for console though. I haven't tried it, but I can imagine it might have been an ok good shooter.

The story of Halo.

Why should it have to bring anything else? What PC first-person shooter has brought anything new lately?

Half-Life 2.

And it's not like the story in Halo was of huge importance. The last level in Halo was just ridiculous with the car on top of the ship. Pure arcade.

Regards Asbjørn

Back
Top Bottom