Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
What? There's something to actually do in chapter 5? I'm about halfway through the timer, and I have a grand total of zero quests. I'm literally just doing kingdom management at this point. Maybe those Hellknights will show up again, but they've been inactive for 150 days or something.

Edit: And yes, I've tried entering Pitax, but they still have the tournament going on. Every other area has been clear for half a year or so.
Just advance your kingdom and keep waiting.

Just had my first timer run out:
Find that barbarian tomb in chapter 4. Given the extreme duration of the projects, I figured the timer was either directly tied to the curse timer, or at least very generous. It wasn't. The quest still continues, but it's still somewhat annoying.

Wait, I'm not understanding this. Isn't the timer always associated with the curse?

Are you referring to:

Finding Armag's tomb? You need to work on two kingdom project (both takes 30 days from the memory) + story book mission when crossing the river between Dire Narlmarches and Glenebon + pass the perception check to discover the tomb. I started on 2 kingdom project as soon as I got them

At any rate: Is there a BG2 portrait pack for Kingmaker yet? I was planning on running a BG2 party, with Keldorn as my trusty Paladin, Jaheira as my Druid and so on.

Not as far as I know, but resizing the existing BG2 portrait into Kingmaker portrait size shouldn't be too difficult.

What? There's something to actually do in chapter 5? I'm about halfway through the timer, and I have a grand total of zero quests. I'm literally just doing kingdom management at this point. Maybe those Hellknights will show up again, but they've been inactive for 150 days or something.

Edit: And yes, I've tried entering Pitax, but they still have the tournament going on. Every other area has been clear for half a year or so.

For chapter 5, you need to attend Rushlight tournament first - you will get a new quest there by talking to some named NPCs, which will eventually progress you to the main quest in chapter 5.

Just advance your kingdom and keep waiting.
Yep. Not much else to do.

Finding Armag's tomb? You need to work on two kingdom project (both takes 30 days from the memory) + story book mission when crossing the river between Dire Narlmarches and Glenebon + pass the perception check to discover the tomb. I started on 2 kingdom project as soon as I got them

Yeah, I'm well past that now. There's a hidden timer that allows you to get to him before he reaches the sword or some such thing. It will appear in the quest log as a failed objective on the tomb quest.

Edit: Also, I never got the project to cut the advisor upgrade time, despite having done 30+ upgrades. Got projects for cutting both costs and time on region upgrades, but nothing for the advisors yet. Annoying, as it would be nice to avoid spending 14 days for each upgrade.

Edit 2: Oh, and I stumbled upon this bug:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/5/3335371283862552893

So yeah, now I'm using Amari as my general, despite the fact that she doesn't fit my style at all. Ah well, it works.

Last edited:
With 1.1, now you have full access to enemy info, providing you pass the appropriate checks (e.g. nature for beasts, and world knowledge for humans etc).
https://imgur.com/fFSuXde.jpg
fFSuXde.jpg

As Fluent mentioned before, kingdom projects are now sorted into sub-groups and much easier to manage:
https://imgur.com/JDkYANJ.jpg
JDkYANJ.jpg

So awesome they added a feature I've been crying for in RPGs for a long time - seeing enemy stats based on skill checks. That's amazing. Thanks for the info blobby!

And can you guys please put more stuff in spoiler tags? I'm nowhere near Pitax and haven't gotten that far. I don't want any small details spoiled if possible. Thanks!

Another tip thing, if you visit your settlements you might find unique residents there. I found two unique weapon and armor crafters in my Kamelands settlement that agreed to work for my barony after a small quest. One is an elven lady who crafts exquisite blades and another is a powerful half-orc who also crafts weapons and armor of great quality. I just happened to stumble on them last night. In my previous run I had a settlement in the Narlmarches that also had crafters, but different ones. And they provide unique "masterpiece" items eventually if you upgrade their buildings enough.

Another tip thing, if you visit your settlements you might find unique residents there. I found two unique weapon and armor crafters in my Kamelands settlement that agreed to work for my barony after a small quest. One is an elven lady who crafts exquisite blades and another is a powerful half-orc who also crafts weapons and armor of great quality. I just happened to stumble on them last night. In my previous run I had a settlement in the Narlmarches that also had crafters, but different ones. And they provide unique "masterpiece" items eventually if you upgrade their buildings enough.
Shrike, Kamelands, North Narlmarches and South Narlmarches all have crafters. It's also worth keeping in mind that upgrading their stores requires village -> town, so it makes sense to choose those for upgrades.

Edit: Forgot that Mim lives in Silverstep. There's also Bokken (Outskirts) and that leatherdude, but they never provide me with anything useful.

Edit 2: There must have been a bug related to economy. I just upgraded to 1.0.16, and suddenly my income almost doubled, because it now includes a considerable amount from regions.

Last edited:
Edit: Also, I never got the project to cut the advisor upgrade time, despite having done 30+ upgrades. Got projects for cutting both costs and time on region upgrades, but nothing for the advisors yet. Annoying, as it would be nice to avoid spending 14 days for each upgrade.

Edit 2: Oh, and I stumbled upon this bug:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/5/3335371283862552893

You need to upgrade your stats 40 times? or something to get that project. My journal updated for hitting new goal then the project was available for me. Also, is your kingdom city now? That might have an affect too.

About the bug:

Did you do Betrayer's flight first or Hour of Rage? If you completed BF first then its not a bug. All of Jamandi Aldori's troop gets slaightered by the time you reach the battlefield and she will be pretty mad at you. So Kassill also leaves your service.

Last edited:
You need to upgrade your stats 40 times? or something to get that project. My journal updated for hitting new goal then the project was available for me. Also, is your kingdom city now? That might have an affect too.
Yeah, it's been a city for years now, since long before my coronation.

Did you do Betrayer's flight first or Hour of Rage? If you completed BF first then its not a bug. All of Jamandi Aldori's troop gets slaightered by the time you reach the battlefield and she will be pretty mad at you. So Kassill also leaves your service.
It's this bug, which was fixed in 1.0.16, but it's just a bit too late for me. Doesn't seem it's retroactive. The following is copied from the patch notes (including the selectged typo, https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/1728714563491492908):

Kassil Aldori and Shandra Mervey could disappear if Neutral option (alliance with both Jamandi Aldori and Natala Surtova) was selectged during the "Hour of Rage" quest. They also could disappear in some cases after the Capital was upgraded to the "stone" state. Resolution: fixed.

Oh. Damn I got that bug too then lol (Nooooooooo)

I made Reg my general, don't really like his opinion much but still reached rank 10.

I do miss Kassil though :(

Oh. Damn I got that bug too then lol (Nooooooooo)

I made Reg my general, don't really like his opinion much but still reached rank 10.

I do miss Kassil though :(

Right! I ended up with Amiri now, but I definitely prefer Kassil. Will stick with him in future runs as well. :)

Shrike, Kamelands, North Narlmarches and South Narlmarches all have crafters. It's also worth keeping in mind that upgrading their stores requires village -> town, so it makes sense to choose those for upgrades.

But how do the upgrades of their stores affect the crafters?

I could not resist anymore the wait, I tried it.
Even just after few hours there is something in there which makes you think about it when you are not playing, the things you could try, you could do. It gets you hooked very fast, I really like it.

I started with a Wizard but I am still not comfortable with it, too much mechanisms and systems I have yet to learn. Anyone has tried the Inquisitor?

Not sure if you'd find the inq easier. As far as I can tell, spontaneous casters cannot change their spells once chosen. I screwed up Linzi's spellbook early on because of that. :/

I can confirm that it's 40. I just got that project. I thought it was 25, as 25 was the first big update on the topic, but then nothing happened. At 40, the project popped up. Definitely one to do ASAP.
Not sure if you'd find the inq easier. As far as I can tell, spontaneous casters cannot change their spells once chosen. I screwed up Linzi's spellbook early on because of that. :/
Agreed. Players should know something about either D&D 3.5 or Pathfinder if they choose spontaneous casters such as Inquisitor, Sorcerer or Bards.

Yes, thank you.
In the meantime I have tried a Rogue to fool around until the 1.1 and a real attempt at the game.
The amount of stuff to learn is huge but it does not feel staggering, just really really fun. The creation part is a blast.

Yes, thank you.
In the meantime I have tried a Rogue to fool around until the 1.1 and a real attempt at the game.
The amount of stuff to learn is huge but it does not feel staggering, just really really fun. The creation part is a blast.
Yeah, it's the best part of the game. I feel it was similar in NWN2 as well, as character building in D&D 3.5 is excellent.

Feel free to ask if there's a particular type of character you'd like to play, but are unsure of how to build it. Quite a few of us can no doubt conjure something up. :)

But how do the upgrades of their stores affect the crafters?

It allows them to create their "masterpiece", which is a one-time unique and very powerful artifact. I'm not sure if one upgrade makes them craft better things, I imagine it does, but the full upgrade allows the masterpiece to be made.

When chapter 6 starts, start exploring last region asap. It reveals some interesting quests thats tied to main quest. If yoh leave this till late, you will regret it (like I am now!!)

Sad to say, the last massive dungeon in chapter 6 is a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.

I absolutely HATE IT.

Owlcat really needs to balance this one out, I was so close to rage quiting but I want to see my ending, damnit!!!!!!

I'm guessing it's worse than a certain tomb then (with all the ghosts etc)? I found that one quite frustrating at times.

Back
Top Bottom