Hero-U - Kickstarter Update #3

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In the third update on Hero-U, Corey Cole talks about how thier plans on merging the adventure game with the RPG. Here is a part for adventure players that do not like combat.
You know those multiple solutions? Many of them involve avoiding fights entirely. As a Rogue, Shawn can sneak around many combat situations. He can get away from them by using sneezing or flash powder. He can sneak up behind his enemies and take them out of action before they know he's there. He can lay traps to keep his enemies away. Hero-U's tactical movement and action features will let you play the game the way you want to play it.
No combat? No problem.
Of course, if you want a higher level of challenge, and don't mind getting your hands dirty in combat, you'll treat battles as a new type of puzzle. All of our combat is turn-based, so you will make decisions and see how the monsters respond, then try your next actions. Many died-in-the-wool adventure gamers may soon find they love Hero-U's combat. If you're one of the players that doesn't enjoy it, you'll avoid it. A skilled Rogue chooses his fights, and might well choose "none".
Hero-U is all about choices, and to fight or not to fight is one of them.
More information.

i love the quest for glory series, but the kickstarter page and these updates are written like a 4 year old on 10000mg of caffeine.

I'm a big time Quest for Glory fan. Own and played and beat all the games. I'm backing this one big time, just wish I could afford to pledge more. The only thing I'm disappointed about is they aren't going to do a 3D game due to it being too expensive, and them feeling like they wouldn't be able to get enough funding for that. Wish they could get the 4 million or so they'd need to make that happen. As it is now, they'll be hard pressed to make their bare minimum goal of 400k. I'll bet there are quite a few Quest For Glory fans out there that have no idea the creators of QFG are making a new game series which is similar to QFG, but different enough so that they won't get sued(and the only reason it's not going to be QFG 6 is they don't own the rights). If only they could somehow advertise in a way that would reach those fans to get them to come make a pledge on kickstarter.

I was a fan of the Quest for Glory games but was never really a big fan of the combat. I'm curious to see more of what they intend to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom