Dragon Age: Inquisition - Shape Your Own DA Experience with the Dragon Age Keep

aries100

SasqWatch
Mark Darrah updated Bioware's blog with news of a Dragon Age Keep. You can sign up for the beta which releases early in 2014.

In the Dragon Age Keep:

you'll be able to customize as much or as little about the world of Thedas as you wish. Then you'll be able to import your saved world state into DAI at the start of a new game. Have you lost or corrupted your save files? No problem - remake your world state on the Keep, and preserve it for the future. For those folks new to the Dragon Age franchise, the Keep will serve as a great way to understand the people, places, and events that shaped the world leading up to DAI.
Bioware is looking into a:

cloud-based solution. Moving to the cloud allows players to take their unique world state into any platform (present or future) and even other media. For existing fans, an advantage of being in the cloud is that (if you are ok with spoilers) you can fully explore what-if scenarios, and become aware of events and consequences in our past games that you may not have known were possible. You can then fire up the previous games and go exploring for those moments.
Also, import bugs can be fixed uses the Dragon Age Keep:

[....] some current save imports are buggy, which is our fault, and something we're committed to fixing. Permanently. The Keep allows us to do just that. Users of the Keep won't have to suffer with these types of logic inconsistencies any longer.
More information.

Sounds good to me. Only problem I have is signing up just to use the program. I have to many passwords, and usernames for various sites already.:)

You can sign in with your origin account if you have one.
Good to know but I rarely use origin. Makes it easier at least.:)

Copypasted the HoMM6 idea. But unlike this, you could levelup your HoMM6 weapons outside of the game. And uPlay cloudizes your online saves so you have a backup all the time.

In the end it comes to always or near-always online. Honestly, who needs a backup of a savegame? If something happens, and the game is not annoying, no problem to replay it. This whole "keep" thing is crap and a waste of resources on useless feature instead of funding the game some more.

This is a good way for DA1 fans like me who didn't finish DA2 a way to play DA3.

Now all I need to hear is "Steam version available" or at least non-Origin.

I'll really have to hear good things about DA 3 to even consider purchasing it. I certainly won't even think about it if Origin online is required.

-Carn

Don't think the big releases are going to move away from having their own DRM. They are just getting a bit more creative in presenting it as a feature.

Don't think the big releases are going to move away from having their own DRM. They are just getting a bit more creative in presenting it as a feature.
I was thinking the same thing after reading up on what is offered. It's DRM just under a different name. You can't use it without signing in, and allowing them to track our decisions.

I was thinking the same thing after reading up on what is offered. It's DRM just under a different name. You can't use it without signing in, and allowing them to track our decisions.

If you are talking about Keep, it's not required to play DAI, but if you don't use it you'll have to deal with using the default history.

If you are talking about Keep, it's not required to play DAI, but if you don't use it you'll have to deal with using the default history.
Yes I was referring to that. Not being able to import your save any other way is not a good decision. It's not a deal breaker for me but call it what it is DRM and control.

They could of released a program you download to your computer instead. Just like gibbed's save creator. As for the game I'm sure it will be using origin.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom