Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Din anyone finished it as pure evil? Sadly its way too long for a replay, i finished it after around 95h. WOuld have been cool a playthrough where you kill everyone haha; and the final part of the game would have been insane without your companions.

I always like to enhance my experience with added background and ending write-ups for my characters. I was overall happy with the ending but decided I wanted my own fairy tale ending so I did a little post-game write-up for fun :p Spoilers since it is what happened after the ending for Fenn.

Busy working away on my Ranger Tiefling now - doing a bit better now that I know how things work so actually playing on a custom mix of challenging/normal.

I hate waddling so I use the option to not let encumbrance slow the party down. I also just find all the debuffs annoying so use the removal on rest option. But other than that I tried to make everything around 1:1 meaning damage, effects, etc. are equal between me and the enemy as that seems the most fair.

Love these pumpkins!

Sylvan Sorcerer King of the Stolen Lands

Sorcerer King of the Stolen Lands

From the Royal Archives
-- Linzi, Royal Bard

The nymph Nyrissa was dead killed at our hands. When pressed Fenn was unsure himself whether it had been an act of revenge or an act of mercy. Her death had infuriated the Lantern King who had then tried to destroy Fenn and the Stolen Lands. Yet in the end, thanks to the help of his friends and allies, he not only survived but managed to defeat the Elder.

Some may feel that Fenn gave up a lot when he rejected the Lantern Kings offer of immortality but perhaps Fenn had realized something that the Elder had not. For Fenn was a Sylvan sorcerer which meant his magical powers derived from his Fey blood.

As he worked to first build, and then save, his Kingdom his powers began to grow, much like a muscle will grow with exercise. He discovered that as he pushed himself to his limits that not only was his magical ability growing but so was the influence of his fey heritage. This influence only increased all the faster when he began travelling to the the First World. When the Lantern King cursed him by linking him directly to his kingdom, as it was slowly merging with the First World, it created a bond between Fenn’s mortal soul and his Fey soul. Much like the mortal world was merging with the Fey world.

When the curse was removed the bond remained. This became more apparent as years turned to decades and there were few signs of aging. While not immortal it was clear Fenn’s fey heritage now dominated his soul and had given him an extended life. Nor was he alone in this.

His partner, Regongar, had also undergone a transformation, powered by his intense will and desire to protect Fenn and his kingdom. His dragon heritage began to exert itself in both physical and magical ways. As his magic and strength increased so did his body change. Dragon wings sprouted from his back and he gained the ability to breath lightning and turn his hands into dragon claws. In addition he gained the long life span of his dragon kin.

So while Fenn began to outlive many of his friends, he still managed to avoid much of the loneliness a long life can bring. His fey wolf, Wolfgar, was soul bonded and aged with him. He had his friend and partner Reg to keep him company. Not to mention his dear friend and archivist Linzi whose soul had been bound to her book during their battles in the First World. He also has the Inquisitor Jaethal and the Storyteller, both of whom would visit his kingdom from time to time with stories of their adventures.

And so it was that decades turned to centuries and for a thousand years the Sylvan Sorcerer King ruled the Stolen Lands with mercy and generosity. It became known as a haven for all manner of races and beasts as Fenn’s chaotic good nature meant he would offer sanctuary to anyone who agreed to live in peace … and those who did not were exiled. To help protect his people and his kingdom he founded the Order of Fenrir, named after an ancient Fey deity from Fenn’s past.

The Order was made up of two groups. The Wolves of Fenrir were chaotic good Rangers, the military arm of the Order who protected the land, the beasts of the forests, and its people. The second group were called Runelords, and they were neutral good Druids who provide advice and counsel to both the king and his people while also enforcing the laws of the kingdom.

Eventually, however, Fenn grew tired of existence as the years began to press down on him. He began to long for the deep sleep of the eternal slumber. He had vowed to give the Stolen Land a thousand years of peace and prosperity, as a balance for the thousand years of suffering and despair Nyrissa and the Lantern King had subjected it to.

On the birthday of the kingdoms one thousandth year he appointed his most trusted advisors to create a council that would govern the kingdom. That night, after his celebration party, he, his partner Reg, and his wolf Wolfgar, vanished into the night never to be seen or heard of again … although rumors continued to persist that he still watched over the land he had grown to love.

Fenn had a sacred grove, a valley hidden amongst the mountains, and a few daring travelers who braved the dangerous mountain paths told a remarkable tale. In the middle of the wooded grove stood a huge tree. Curled around the base of the tree was the massive form of a dragon made entirely of stone. Tucked between its large snout and the base of the tree they claimed to see the ghostly form of a sleeping wolf made entirely of mist and fog.

Some say that whenever evil threatens the Stolen Lands a dragon can be seen flying the night sky seeking out enemies of the Kingdom. Some even say they have seen riding on the back of the dragon the figure of a man and a wolf.

Such tales, however, are usually greeted with laughter and claims that such stories are but fairy tales told by drunken fools …

Yeah, that's what bothered me about this ending.
I think you can retry the check if you have new characters in your party that haven't made the roll yet, so maybe try taking Jaethal along just for the trip?

Since the Watch was down, I just decided to wait for project to be finished and see if I can make it before the timer - and I did! I think the key is, just do everything as soon as possible (go back to capital as soon as HoR is over, start the kingdom project, then finish the story book, and head straight to the tomb once project is done).

Din anyone finished it as pure evil? Sadly its way too long for a replay, i finished it after around 95h. WOuld have been cool a playthrough where you kill everyone haha; and the final part of the game would have been insane without your companions.

I was tempted but I usually can't keep up with evil choices. You should be able to google some up - apparently, the evil runs are surprisingly good. Or, you can try the evil run maybe later this year after the break :p
@wolfgrimdark; Love your write up! I will probably post a few screenies here soon as well :) And I love the pumpkins too <3

Here are the screenshot of my memorable moments in Kingmaker:

Minor (or non) spoiler:

Love this area in Sycamore cave
PMQqLpY.jpg

Was so happy to rescue the Owlbear
jcYwFIP.jpg

Love the angel wings!
nAnJvAU.jpg

Pitax castle had such a lovely design
zJNfF5i.jpg

… and you get to find some interesting items
IofVi7Y.jpg

I really liked my throne room
y89rxD1.jpg

Baroness Sarenith:
rUDDurg.jpg

Queen Sarenith:
1Z5Gc2Y.jpg

Apparently, attending to your coronation late is a major crime… your kingdom mood goes down and your kingdom stats take hit
zycz7ET.jpg

This was one of my favourite quest of all
bEYDOOs.jpg

The area design here was so unique, I loved it - also, I grew fond of the weather effect
Z5Y2cNx.jpg

Killed Crag Linnorn as level 8 party! :D
V9tuMyy.jpg

Major spoiler!!! Only view if you finished the game:

Nyrissa has such a beautiful castle
scTH4gP.jpg

If you pass the athletics check in Vordakai' tomb, you can access this area - Tristian warns you to just seal this area and leave, but I decided to explore it instead…
0hy3pSa.jpg

Here are the screenshot of my memorable moments in Kingmaker:

Really nice collection - enjoyed seeing them. I like the two angel wings shot. Also the rescue of the animal - I never came across that or if I did I don't remember.

The image below this line "This was one of my favorite quest of all" is also nice but yet another event I completely missed somehow, even after 120 hours. Maybe I will come across it with my Ranger.

I agree that castle is beautiful.

On the last in the spoiler .. Fenn was simply too good to do that so left it alone. I really stick to my characters belief system as much as possible which often means missing some options, loot, or quests.

A good friend from Germany is playing it now and we talk daily on Discord. It is great chatting with him as we compare notes on his game and Fenn's (my guy). He is playing a female CN character based on his Skyrim character - a somewhat dark ranger (in Skyrim she is a greater vampire so in PK he named his capital Castle Volkihar after the Dawnguard castle) - along with a self-made team based on his main characters friends (he also writes stories like I do). I named my kingdom after the home realm of my main Skyrim character as well, which is the Twilight Forest.

He takes a very different approach and always surprised how different his options and results are from my own - as well as the many different dialogue options. Even if sometimes the end result is the same it is very fun being able to take different paths. Often times, however, the end results are also different.

He is about half-way through chapter 5 so eager to see how he does in the rest.

My new ranger just finished helping Oleg and is off to find a certain annoying purple gnome.

Really nice collection - enjoyed seeing them. I like the two angel wings shot.
Thanks! :)

Also the rescue of the animal - I never came across that or if I did I don't remember.
The owlbear was from Stag Lord's fort, you need to pass nature lore check to free it.

The image below this line "This was one of my favorite quest of all" is also nice but yet another event I completely missed somehow, even after 120 hours. Maybe I will come across it with my Ranger.
It's part of Ekun's personal quest

A good friend from Germany is playing it now and we talk daily on Discord. It is great chatting with him as we compare notes on his game and Fenn's (my guy).

He takes a very different approach and always surprised how different his options and results are from my own - as well as the many different dialogue options. Even if sometimes the end result is the same it is very fun being able to take different paths. Often times, however, the end results are also different.
That's so awesome, would love to hear his impression as well :D I love how we all are present with same choices but our perceived experience can be so very different. I'm also comparing notes with my hubby :)

I'm trying to get all possible artisans this time around. Wow, some of them require evil decisions - you will miss out on some if you stick to your alignment, I like this a lot.

I would so much like to go through all the tips/tricks posts in this discussion but I didnt yet finish the game, so I really, really do not want any spoiler before that happens. It seems Im just at the end of chapter 4, which probably means Im still far from end and at the same time that im getting to buggy and unfinished part of the game (scared).

This is actually my second playthrough as first one I put on stand-by during 4th chapter because I didnt manage to keep under control this feeling that I could do things so much better :) Anyway, had Paladin for my first game (now on stand-by) and really loved it. Probably more then Wizard, who was my choice for second playthrough. Im determined to really finish it this time but I already know another playthrough will be inevitable.

Still cannot believe this game holds me in its clutches so strongly even after i sunk 260 hrs into it. Didnt happen for so many years to me with any game. Real gaming holiday to me.

@Andrew23; Fortune favours the brave ;) Continue on to chapter 5 and join us in Kingmaker discussion! :D

Is there a way to put a stack of scrolls in your hotbar? Or so that when I use one it gets replaced with another scroll form my inventory of the same type.

Not that I know of :( Maybe there is a mod for this?

The only mod I want, is one which allows me to exit the throne room directly to the world map!! :)

The only mod I want, is one which allows me to exit the throne room directly to the world map!! :)

Arhu listed one a few pages back:

Exit to Map: lets you go directly to the world map from any area. You just need to make sure to at least sometimes got the long way from the throne room to the city exit since there can be scripted scenes tied into some quests.

That one is risky as there are at least two situations where you want to exit to main square from throne room (I am sure there are more but I ran into two so far). One is the main quest and one is connected with a companion quest and romance.

Did anyone actually help finish the Grimoire by passing the arcana check and fought:

Siroket? That was sooo annoying. She becomes invincible if you kill the adds first, I basically had to focus on her only while Mr Blakemore slowly proceed on killing the adds. All the adds decided to focus on my main character who's a sorcerer and she spent most of the fight on the ground... lol. Didn't even give me chance to buff her at all.

Did anyone actually help finish the Grimoire by passing the arcana check and fought:

Siroket? That was sooo annoying. She becomes invincible if you kill the adds first, I basically had to focus on her only while Mr Blakemore slowly proceed on killing the adds. All the adds decided to focus on my main character who's a sorcerer and she spent most of the fight on the ground… lol. Didn't even give me chance to buff her at all.
Yep. Did it both times I played the game. Didn't encounter the bug the first time, but I did the second. Several times. Had to google it. Rather annoying.

Sigh I failed to max out kingdom stats again this run - unlocked minister role too late. On top of that, I also failed magical shrine (missing three because I can't find some location due to perception check failure) :(

@Morrandir; @Maylander;

Did you guys finish the magical prison quest? Is the reward worthwhile?

Last edited:
Sigh I failed to max out kingdom stats again this run - unlocked minister role too late. On top of that, I also failed magical shrine (missing three because I can't find some location due to perception check failure) :(

@Morrandir; @Maylander;

Did you guys finish the magical prison quest? Is the reward worthwhile?
I never did, no. I was always missing the last two or some such thing. I've read about people being able to do it, so I don't think it's bugged, just elusive.

I never did, no. I was always missing the last two or some such thing. I've read about people being able to do it, so I don't think it's bugged, just elusive.

I wasn't able to max out the kingdom stats, so I reloaded the earlier save to finish off the magical prison quest instead. There is one small bug I encountered - seems like the charge on the magical key is calculated incorrectly and by the time I killed the last monster the charge left on the key was -1 instead of 0 lol. Didn't affect the quest though - managed to finish it without a problem.

For my 4th playthrough, I will try chaotic neutral character focusing on kingdom and artisans - their masterpieces are freaking amazing! :D I received a few of them in this playthrough (I think 3-4?)

Purps, I began playing as CN, but couldn't maintain it when most of the CN responses were the sort made by a total posterior orifice!! :)

Back
Top Bottom