InXile Entertainment - Working on a Next Generation RPG

Obsidian is doing an action RPG in the world of Pillars of Eternity, so maybe inXile will follow this path in the world of Numenera? It would be an interesting take, tbh.
So instead of walls of text you have some narrator constanly babbling? :rolleyes:

I know it's probably wishful thinking, but I sure hope it's Stone Keep II.

I never did play Stone Keep but every time I went to a gaming store I stopped to look at the box. Really cool box design for that game. Not sure why I never played Stone Keep. Was the combat like Eye of the Beholder because I don't enjoy that kind of combat?

There was that rumour that the game would be Steampunk. Personally I hope for science fiction like Star Trek.

Yes, and also a rumor that they are working on the spiritual successor of Arcanum.

I never did play Stone Keep but every time I went to a gaming store I stopped to look at the box. Really cool box design for that game. Not sure why I never played Stone Keep. Was the combat like Eye of the Beholder because I don't enjoy that kind of combat?

Yes, it was a Dungeon Master style game (or Legend of Grimrock style) and pretty decent too. They used digitized actors and places rather than drawn ones. Also a big budgeted game for its time. But when it was released in 1995, 3d games was already dominated the market and people were looking these kind of games as old.

I expect we will not see another party-based, isometric, cRPG from inXile.
And Stonekeep 2? Maybe by name, but who remembers that name today?
Definitely not people in market segment MS is aiming at.
No, no, this will be mainstream product to the bone.

Who remembers Stonekeep? Who remembered Wasteland when they decided to revive it and make a sequel? If they can revive Wasteland, they can revive Stonekeep.

I still have this box too. It is shaped like a tombstone as I recall. PITA to shelve it with other games.

Stonekeep was definitely a fun game that I have good memories about. I'm not really sure how you'd do a remake/sequel of it though, it had well designed dungeons but there wasn't really anything too distinctive about the gameplay or the world that you could carry over to make it "feel" like stoneskeep. Other than maybe having a goblin muppet who says "bah" all the time.

I'd also be pretty hyped if Fargo and team went back to the Star Trek well, those were pretty good games he did back then, and I bet he could do something similar now. Please though, please stay away from such atrocities as STD and Discard! Do classic Trek, or DS nine, or TNG, heck even Voyager, just stay far away from the current drek that pretends to be Star Trek.

Sounds intriguing. I like Inxile and maybe it will be Wasteland 4 in first person 3d mode. You can say it would be similar to Fallout, but without the overt goofiness in the references and the 1950s type vibe…sounds good to me!

I think it will be first person and fantasy, and come before Dragon Age 4.

So instead of walls of text you have some narrator constanly babbling? :rolleyes:
Nah, it wouldn't be an AAA then. Still, I love the Numenera world and I would buy the game even if it was much more action-oriented.

Sounds intriguing. I like Inxile and maybe it will be Wasteland 4 in first person 3d mode. You can say it would be similar to Fallout, but without the overt goofiness in the references and the 1950s type vibe…sounds good to me!
Sign me up that's something I would love to play.:thumbsup:

Lets see…:thinking:

• Obsidian developing Avowed.
  • BioWare developing Dragon Age 4 and the next Mass Effect.
  • CDPR Cyberpunk 2077 expansions.
  • Bethesda with Starfield and the next Elder Scrolls.
The future is good for me at least. :)

The rest of you can dream of possible older remakes.:p

Given what InXile did with Bard's Tale IV, I wouldn't really trust them with the Stonekeep IP (a game I loved as a teenager) as they're likely to want to experiment and turn it into something completely different. I can't see them making a quality dungeon crawler even with Microsoft support to be honest. I'd love to be wrong though!

Still, curious to know what this mainstream "next gen" project is. If it's an action RPG, perhaps it could it be a sequel to Hunted: The Demon's Forge. Or is that IP owned by Bethesda? I could see that formula being adjusted for new audiences with co-op play in mind. The game was on whole was quite average to me, but I did complete it.

A Stonekeep sequel could be cool, but I'd much rather have the rumored steampunk game. There are so few games that use the setting, and there's only been 1 that was great.

Back
Top Bottom