Starfield - Teaser Trailer and Release Date

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Starfield has a confirmed release date of 11th November 2022. Also check out the teaser trailer.

Starfield is the first new universe in 25 years from Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning creators of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Fallout 4. In this next generation role-playing game set amongst the stars, create any character you want and explore with unparalleled freedom as you embark on an epic journey to answer humanity's greatest mystery.

Launching November 11, 2022 exclusively on Xbox Series X|S and PC. Become a member of Constellation at StarfieldGame.com and be among the first to receive Starfield news and updates.
More information.

This makes three threads so what the heck re-post some news again.:lol:

Starfield Full Presentation E3 2021

Bethesda finally unveiled new information on Starfield including the all release date which is set to launch in November of 2022!
Starfield's Bethesda's new space-based RPG Interview

Link - https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2021/06/13/starfield-bethesda/
"It's like 'Skyrim' in space."

“For me, ‘Starfield’ is the Han Solo simulator. Get in a ship, explore the galaxy, do fun stuff,” said Cheng, who’s been with the company for 21 years.

According to Howard, in “Starfield” players will join an organization dubbed Constellation, the last group of space explorers. At the outset, players will choose their character’s background, with many options for customization that will impact how some things in the game unfold.
Re-posted the video due it being lost eventually in my news-thread.

Still milking that "Bethesda" card.

I feel like this was just an 4 minute ad for XBox Gamepass...

Teaser trailer, while interesting shows zero about the actual game. Exploring space sounds fun, but then again Bethesda is very hit or miss. Fallout 4 was OK heavily modded, but 76 was a disaster. Notice they didnt mention 76 in the intro lol.

Still milking that "Bethesda" card.

I feel like this was just an 4 minute ad for XBox Gamepass…
Well Microsoft has to they paid almost 8 billion to buy all of Bethesda. Todd though will never change he's perfected the snake oil salesman pitch. He's very good at his job.

Teaser trailer, while interesting shows zero about the actual game. Exploring space sounds fun, but then again Bethesda is very hit or miss. Fallout 4 was OK heavily modded, but 76 was a disaster. Notice they didnt mention 76 in the intro lol.
They claim some of the trailer is rendered in-game footage.

FO76 has come a long way since release. It actually has mostly positive reviews on Steam now.

I played it for a weekend the last time they had it for free, and it wasn't that bad. (Coincidentally, they're doing another free trial right now until Wednsday.) I didn't end up purchasing it though because, as a solo experience, it doesn't do anything better than FO 3 & 4 imo.

I imagine it's quite fun in multiplayer with the right people, but I don't have the spare time to invest.

Well, the setting is promising, but apart the release date, didnt really get new info. Do we have clue if this will actually be SP or something else?

The trailer was... nothing? I mean, what did it tell us about the game? It's in space, ok, that was a total surprise... not. But otherwise?

Ok, it's a Bethesda Open-World(s?) game, so I am still interested, but a little bit more information about the setting, story, mechanics, etc. would be nice. But since it's more than a year away, the Hype train will arrive sooner or later.

Jut in-case no one reads the interview link above here's a short list of bullet-points.:biggrin:

-Confident in release date; "that's why we announced it"
-Takes places around 300 years in future
-You join Constellation, last group of space explorers
-Get in a ship, explore the galaxy
-Your starship is called Frontier
-Confirmed multiple planets
-First game to use Creation Engine 2
-450 employees are working on Starfield

I'm mildly curious about Starfield, but one thing still bothers me:

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1404124165658009601

They're bragging about having created a new game engine for it, from stratch. This is something I kind of doubt, that it's from scratch. But regardless, they certainly don't have a good track record for that, unless they hired some new talent that took those reigns. And regardless, why not just frikkin use something that's already tried and true. So we no longer end up in the situation of building on the same buggy engine for 20+ years. I was surprised to hear Days Gone uses Unreal Engine 4. And it looked and performed amazingly, in an open-world setting. The recent coverage of UE5 should make that alone worth it. Probably they don't want to split the revenue with Epic, and they probably still think they need all the customizability that a custom engine offers. But, hey, maybe they do and I'm talking out of my ass. Whatever, I hope we don't end up in the same situation 10 years later, when they kept piling onto the same legacy engine and it becomes unmanageable and broken.

I'm mildly curious about Starfield, but one thing still bothers me:

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1404124165658009601

They're bragging about having created a new game engine for it, from stratch. This is something I kind of doubt, that it's from scratch. But regardless, they certainly don't have a good track record for that, unless they hired some new talent that took those reigns. And regardless, why not just frikkin use something that's already tried and true. So we no longer end up in the situation of building on the same buggy engine for 20+ years. I was surprised to hear Days Gone uses Unreal Engine 4. And it looked and performed amazingly, in an open-world setting. The recent coverage of UE5 should make that alone worth it. Probably they don't want to split the revenue with Epic, and they probably still think they need all the customizability that a custom engine offers. But, hey, maybe they do and I'm talking out of my ass. Whatever, I hope we don't end up in the same situation 10 years later, when they kept piling onto the same legacy engine and it becomes unmanageable and broken.
UE should be nice, but who knows how much they'd have to work around it to get what they want. Perhaps it's not the same, but devs using Unity end up modifying it because any framework has its limitations. Or they realize there are instabilities and entirely depend on the goodwill of the provider to fix them.

If the new engine is an evolution of the previous one, which it often is (did they actually say "from scratch"?), at least they can keep a lot of tools they're familiar with, or update them, instead of moving on to a completely new system and train their whole team on new flows, create entirely new tools, and so on.

Each choice has pros and cons. It's bold to announce a date and say they're confident in those conditions though :lol:

UE should be nice, but who knows how much they'd have to work around it to get what they want. Perhaps it's not the same, but devs using Unity end up modifying it because any framework has its limitations. Or they realize there are instabilities and entirely depend on the goodwill of the provider to fix them.

Yeah, UE is great. But a counter argument to using UE, is that it contributes to UE's already growing monopoly.

If the new engine is an evolution of the previous one, which it often is (did they actually say "from scratch"?), at least they can keep a lot of tools they're familiar with, or update them, instead of moving on to a completely new system and train their whole team on new flows, create entirely new tools, and so on.

Yeah, I believe they said from scratch. But it pretty much means nothing. They could easily be lying.

Well it's Creation Engine 2 with some new tools to help development according to the current info. It could be said it's another leap for their heavily modified Gamebryo engine.

Frankly the engine will probably never drastically change due to mods & modders.

But regardless, they certainly don't have a good track record for that, unless they hired some new talent that took those reigns.

Really? I mean, yeah, their engines are notoriously buggy, but on the other hand, it allowed them to sell a shitton of games and have people create another shitton of mods. So, while everyone makes jokes about Bethesda engines, they seem to do quite well with them, since they do allow for rather impressive games (of course, their focus is not everyone's focus).

Underwhelming trailer. I expected hype emotions well up, but nothing. :/

Yeah, the trailer really wasn't. It just shows a guy climbing into a spaceship and then doing launch prep. You can see the same exact thing on any Spazz-X video. I'm not a big fan of space exploration, but I generally love Bethesda games. I'll buy it but this trailer did nothing to get me jazzed for the game. It did the job as far as telling us when it'll release, but it did nothing else at all really.

Back
Top Bottom