Personal things you don't need to know

Playing a game with lights off (because it is evening/night), and seeing a spider walk meanwhile across the screen/monitor is an experience in itself ...

I took this photograph today at noon.

1dfj8zpB8Wy6tzlmO5OK5LVF6Lb0bAdcP=s220

Just gotta love those California forest fires. Happens every year. When you add every other problem that state has the best option seems to move to another state.

@Hexprone hope you don't live to close to the fire.:(

Playing a game with lights off (because it is evening/night), and seeing a spider walk meanwhile across the screen/monitor is an experience in itself …

I don't have anything against spiders but I can see that being a bit creepy :).

Happens every year.

I've lived in California since I was a child, and this has never happened. Never.

Day is night.

(I should clarify that I am in San Francisco, fifty miles away and across a body of water from the closest of these fires. The entire bay area has these orange skies from smoke being pushed above us by a layer of cold marine air -- which ironically means that our air quality is better today than it's been on days that looked more normal.)

Last edited:
Meanwhile, on Venus…

584730dbe02ba75e658b6bd4-750-756.jpg

I can report having successfully going onto the mount DRachenfels, located high over the river Rhein [Rhine] last Friday.
I didn't go into the ruins, though, because for that I was too exhausted.
The sight from there is just fabulous, but walking it by foot is very exhausting. The way is in a few parts extremely steep.
There also is a train, but it costs a lot. Going down with it from the top costs 10 Euros, which is a lot. But, I was so exhausted I took it.

Pictures :

My look to the north (the big tower there is the "Post Tower" located just south of Bonn, the former capital of Germany, the town down there is Königswinter)

My look to the south (the town down there is Rhöndorf),

My look directly down onto the river (there's a freight ship on the river).

Attachments

• Drachenfels Plateau 11.September 2020 Spätnachmittags Blick nach Norden.jpg
    Drachenfels Plateau 11.September 2020 Spätnachmittags Blick nach Norden.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Drachenfels Plateau 11.September 2020 Spätnachmittags Blick nach Süden.jpg
    Drachenfels Plateau 11.September 2020 Spätnachmittags Blick nach Süden.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Drachenfels Plateau 11.September 2020 Spätnachmittags Blick hinab.jpg
    Drachenfels Plateau 11.September 2020 Spätnachmittags Blick hinab.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 95
Seems we might have Battle Mechs in our future.

FYI:

I love differential equations.
I love Matlab.

a pibbur who also loves games. And, come to think about it, the wife. And the daughter .. eh … daughters. The cat. The Hyundai (I think that's the correct spelling) Ioniq Plugin. Rain. Thunderstorms (from a distance). Other things (making the list complete).

FYI:

I love differential equations.
I love Matlab.

a pibbur who also loves games. And, come to think about it, the wife. And the daughter .. eh … daughters. The cat. The Hyundai (I think that's the correct spelling) Ioniq Plugin. Rain. Thunderstorms (from a distance). Other things (making the list complete).

Good thing you like rain, considering where you live!!!! :biggrin:

Links added to favourites. I have already an app on my cell phone providing the necessary sounds. Helps me sleep.

I remember btw a day in Phoenix@Arizona. Temperatures were of course unbearable. We were at a shopping mall when it without warning started raining. Everybody went inside, except me. I went out, raising my arms to the sky and thanking those responsible for the weather.

a pibbur who realizes that even more watchers now will doubt his sanity.

I'm quite jealous of the one with the cozy den. I would like one of those giant attic windows and private observatory.

Rain in a very warm summer is a great thing. I especially LOVE the smell of leaves in a wood after that !

I went out hiking in the woods, and took the dog. We met a little girl with her dad. She pointed at my dog, and said, "Look, Daddy - a wolf!"

Then she pointed at me and said, " - and that must be the wolf guy."

I'm quite happy to be the wolf guy. Also, saw one of the best sunsets I can remember over the winter hills. Nice sort of day.

The wolf guy - that would be Mowgli?

a pibbur who advices the ripper to look out for (big) cats.

PS. Based on similar cases, I assume the little one would fiercely reject any attempts by the dad to explain that said beast was not a wolf, but a dog. DS.

In DDO (Dungeons & Dragons Online), there's an NPC saying : Gnolls are not dog people. They are hyena people. Completely different.

Back
Top Bottom