Early gameplay video - Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness

D

Deleted

black_geyser_logo_light_tr_s.png

Hello,

Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness now has an early gameplay video available!

My name is Leslie, member of the Black Geyser team. I'm creating the Spell System (and some other things) for Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness.

We are looking forward to your feedback, remarks, suggestions, etc. Thanks!

game-characters.jpg

Last edited:
Kickstarter? If yes, I'm backing it.

I'm happy to see some new game-paly since the last time I covered the game. Just one question have you guys decided on a date to launch the kickstarter campaign yet?

I suspect the delivery man who keeps leaving my parcels on the front doorstep in the rain may be a Courier of Darkness...

I'm happy to see some new game-paly since the last time I covered the game. Just one question have you guys decided on a date to launch the kickstarter campaign yet?

From the site:
We have already created much content (concepts, dialogues, quests, stories etc.) and a very early game prototype as well. These are only the basics, however. Due to the size and complexity of the project, a successful kickstarter campaign is a must.

There are three major phases until the release:

1. Pre-kickstarter phase: let’s spread the word! (We are here now.)
  2. Kickstarter phase: crowdfunding
  3. Game development and release

The expected release date of the game is 2017.
In the meantime, there will be a backer beta, with limited access.

Please check out this page about how you can help us.

Thanks HiddenX though it still doesn't give an estimated date for the kickstarter.:)

Looks like it is going to be very generic in every possible way - Those character portraits could be from any fantasy game in the last 3 decades and the naming: "Yerengal", "Deroni Elf", "Feldegug" hardly inspires one to think it will be a unique new world and suggests that the games plot and writing will likely be weak (be delighted to be *proved* wrong :)). At least it is a party RPG though (single character iso games are dullsville), the screens on the site look quite good and the site itself looks very well designed - which is a good sign.

I'm not convinced though, after several attempts, that it is possible to make a decent game like this on a Kickstarter/Indie budget.

Last edited:
A game designed around greed could be very interesting (http://www.blackgeyser.com/game) and hopefully the non-combat gameplay will be the focus of the developers (please!). Waiting for this KickStarter project to know more and pledge.

Thank you for your feedback and support, guys.

I'm happy to see some new game-paly since the last
time I covered the game. Just one question have you guys decided on a date to launch the kickstarter campaign yet?

We've a couple of things to finish before we can set a date, but you don't have to wait too much until the KS campaign.

About the budget: part of the game will be developed in the USA, and the other part in a European country, Hungary. Our team members are from the USA, Austria, and Hungary. In Hungary, development costs are 2-3 times (!) cheaper than in the USA. This enables us to add much more content into the game.

Moreover, Kickstarter isn't our only funding source, but it's undoubtedly the biggest one.

Our team has worked together for more than 8 years. In the current company, we already released a difficult mobile game of hybrid genre (pseudo-RPG, adventure, god game) called Save the Adventurers (Google Play).

Could someone with access please update the entry on RPGWatch about Black Geyser:
www.rpgwatch.com/games/black-geyser—he-courier-853.html

Edit: in the above link, the - - (two hyphens) are replaced with a long hyphen by the forum engine, so the link is broken above. Please replace the single hyphen by two normal hyphens after the "geyser" part in the URL.

- Working title changed; final title is: Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness
- Platforms: Windows PC, Linux, Mac, iPad (if only one word is allowed, then PC is fine!)
- Description is outdated too. This is the good one:

Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness is an isometric, party and XP based, real-time RPG set in the world of Yerengal. A game that combines immersive graphics and brand-new features with virtues of the classic RPGs we all loved! Solve mysteries, fight epic battles, help beggars and kings alike, outwit swindlers and gods, and never forget: greed has many forms and many names!

Thanks

Last edited:
The concept is interesting, and it looks very good for such an early state.
I look forward to hear more.

When is the Kickstarter campaign expected to launch?

A couple of things must be finished before we can set an exact date, but you don't have to wait too much.

Thanks for your interest.

Back
Top Bottom