RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Tip and Tricks -
View Single Post

November 14th, 2018, 15:58
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
TW2 is great. It probably has the greatest degree of C&C I've seen in an RPG, and the graphics, which were absolutely stunning when it was released, still look really good by current standards.

All of the Witcher games are dark by nature because they take place during a period of war in a world that is already pretty grim. It's one of my favorite aspects of the series. If you want a light-hearted fairy tale, look elsewhere.

You certainly don't need to play the first 2 games to enjoy TW3, but I think it's more fun if you do and import your saves. Fwiw, TW2 is fairly short by RPG standards and doesn't require a huge time investment.
Getting a little back on topic Kingdom Come: Deliverance also "takes place during a period of war and is pretty grim" but I actually care about a number of characters in that game and want to know how it ends. Yes there are plenty of unpleasent people in that game too.

I also felt that way about the Witcher 1 (which has one of the memorable plot twist endings (along with Kotor and Planescape:Torment)) and the Witcher 3.

In the Witcher 2 really the only one I cared about was Triss. I really felt apathetic about the rest of the people killing each other, so the story just didn't reach me emotionally. I know, I'm in the minority. I don't need fairy tales, but I don't like stories where I have a hard time sympathising with anyone. You should play Serpents in the Staglands. That's another game that was too grimdark for me.

forgottenlor

Font of Useless Knowledge
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)