Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory - Released on Epic Game Store

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory has released on Epic Game Store.

Lead a team of four Troubleshooters of dubious loyalty, who (mostly) obey orders from Friend Computer, a paranoid and irrational artificial intelligence. Inspired by the classic games of the CRPG genre, experience the first adaptation of the cult role-playing game!

Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory Ultraviolet Edition

The Ultraviolet Edition includes the following content:

• A copy of the game
  • An alternative voice for Friend Computer
  • 3 exclusive portraits
  • A unique android appearance
  • A new experimental weapon (totally reliable)
  • Propaganda posters
  • The original role-playing game mission dossier "Robots of Unusual Size" (English)
  • The game soundtrack
More information.

Developer
Black Shamrock & Cyanide

Publisher
Bigben Interactive
No reviews anywhere.
However:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/e6klfy/paranoia_happiness_is_mandatory_gameplay_preview/
The defining feature of Paranoia in my eyes is the "PvP co-op" nature of completing your team's mission while constantly watching out for your squadmates to stab you in the back, and discreetly backstabbing them if that's what your treasonous goals require. I always thought multiplayer would be necessary for that social deception component to be represented in a video game, but I'd be happy to be wrong. Interested to see how the AI loyalty/betrayal stuff works out in practice.
Say what?
I really need some actual input on this one before even thinking about adding it to future plans.

Well, I'd really like to give this one a whirl, but it only being on Epic means that, at the very least, I'll be waiting until it arrives on great old games or Steam. Also, if the mulitplayer/co-op is the main focus, then I'll likely just skip this product, to be honest.

I`m playing the game right now and it is pretty fun.... and the humor really nails the paranoia RPG vibe......

I'm still very interested in this, but I would like some indication as to how it turned out. A semi-mysterious delay, no fanfare at release, no reviews, no user reviews (since it's Epic only)... for $30, I'll pass on doing a blind taste test. I did find a couple of Youtube streams, so I'll check those out later today.

Personal opinion is the game look and plays as a budget title.
Is this another epic store exclusive? When this will be released on Steam?
Epic exclusive for now. Usually stays that way for a year.

Personal opinion is the game look and plays as a budget title.
Epic exclusive for now. Usually stays that way for a year.

That's sad. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to playing this one. I really enjoyed playing the tabletop rpg some years ago. Gonna wait for steam release.

without epic's money some smaller studio's would have never even complete development, you know.

without epic's money some smaller studio's would have never even complete development, you know.

I get a heavy vibe of that from this one. It's unfortunate, though, because it all but guarantees a heap of negative "reviews" based solely on that exlusivity and not the quality of the game itself, which probably puts some kind of damper on their sales.

Let's face it, if you were running an Indie game studio and somebody offered you (let's say) 5x what you projected to make in sales just to put your game on their platform exlusively for a while, almost everyone would probably do that. Whatever one thinks of Epic or how annoying it is to have multiple apps, I feel like taking that angst out on the Indie game studio is misguided and counterproductive to a future in which there are Indie game studios making games.

The devil can make you rich and famous and give you the love of your life. But it comes with such grave consequences that you'll wish hadn't made the bargain.

tik tok tik tok

Well, I do not condemn their decision to go for epic. I was referring to the fact that couchpotato said that the game feels like budget.

It is the developer's decision to publish the game wherever they want. I just won't buy on Epic because they are way more expensive than Steam in my country.

Back
Top Bottom