What games are you playing now?

I'm going through one of my phases... I finished NWN2, and now I'm at loss what to do. I really still want to play NWN2 (I wasn' ready for it to finish yet ;) ) and I tried replaying, but it isn't the same (or more to the point: it's exactly the same and so less appealing).
So I'm playing a bit of NWN1, NWN2, Morrowind, Fate, and Children of Mana on the DS. (none of them keep my interest for very long though at the moment).

I did introduce some friends from another forum to Guild Wars, and have started mucking about in that game as well... I might start a new character and see how I get on with that.

I'm forced to play the flash games on the Bob the Builder home page(s) at least twice a day, some of them three or four times in a row, with sonny on my lap (he's the one giving directions). These are the only games I get to play at the moment.
"Can we fix it? - Yes we can!"

Last edited:
hey no bad mounthing about my master :p
miauw :p

Just got a new notebook 2 months ago with x1600, been playing recently Gothic 3-still crusing around Myrtana...I wonder why the developer don't bring a horse to this game...there is a very huge world to explore...

Other than that have tried Battlefield 2142...pretty nice though, i think it reminds me with Counter-Strike, as a part of a team hunting down every enemy together....
For strategy I played Company of Heroes because I readed from a website it announced as best game in 2006....

However when I'm getting bored with killing stuff....I hit the road with Need for Speed Mostwanted.....keep rollin baby!!!

You're going to enjoy both games, I'm sure..

I have visited 4 planets and story has progressed quite a bit by now.. I just gotta say that Kotor 1 is one of the best rpgs i've played. All the characters are so well writen and voiced than many devs should take a carefull look how do it right. And the quests are the best i've seen in ages. Kotor puts latest rpgs in shame.

Also level design is beautifull and authentic star wars. Storyline is really great. I won't say anything here as i don't wish to spoil anyone :)

I'm really having a great time. Now back to the game!

However when I'm getting bored with killing stuff....I hit the road with Need for Speed Mostwanted.....keep rollin baby!!!

Have you tried NFS Carbon? I loved it WAAY more than NFSMW. Still not a perfect game by any means, but I think some tremendous improvments were made.

My husband and I are the ones Sorcha introduced to GW. Last night, my husband thanked me for pestering him into trying it. He's normally a flight sim person but now we can get lost together! And get some help and guidance from Sorcha and her husband:)

I still need to get back to Kotor II (I had just started when I picked up GW)...I'm soooo behind in my games.

Celeste

I still need to get back to Kotor II (I had just started when I picked up GW)...I'm soooo behind in my games.
Celeste

You think you're behind?

I just finished Zelda:Twilght Princess for the Wii last week, and now I'm replaying F.E.A.R. + expansion. I also just bought Supreme Commander and I'm gonna play that next.

Don't even let me get started on all the crpg's I need to catch up on. I just got my copy of Vampire:Bloodlines in the mail today, but it will be quite a while before I get to play it. I still have Neuro Hunter, NWN 2, Gothic 3(when is the next patch?!), and Oblivion+NOTN waiting in line. I also want to play Morrowind again from the beginning (and finish it this time) before I start on Oblivion.

I'll see your Gothic 3 and meet it with a Gothic 2 and 3 and up the ante with Thief Deadly Shadows, Disciples II Gold,HoMMIV and HoMMV, Titan Quest, Civ IV, AoE III and Anno 1701. Those are just the ones on my "really want to" play list...not including the ones I had to buy "just in case" I win the lottery and can get a maid and nanny and play all day:D

Back to your regularly scheduled thread...

Celeste

I finally had enough time to replay Blake Stone: Planet Strike. But it's just about 20 levels long, and I missed the human guards of BS: Aliens of Gold (though I must admit the Tech warrior guy with the green teeth looks better than his human counterpart in BS:AOG).
Anyway, I'm done with my BS:pS replay, and now I'm halfways through AOG's 60 levels. I'm afraid I'll be replaying old favorites until they finally return to making decent computer games (i.e., with SVGA graphics and midi sound :p ).
Kidding aside, there are only two games scheduled for 07/ 08 I know I'll buy for sure - UT 4 and the next C&C game. I'm afraid all others failed to get my attention.

Blake Stone ? Isn't that game that was once published by Apogee and is now available free for download at www.3drealms.com ?

(Um, almost sounds like an advertisement to me, what I've just written ... )

Blake Stone ? Isn't that game that was once published by Apogee and is now available free for download at www.3drealms.com ?

(Um, almost sounds like an advertisement to me, what I've just written ... )
Yup, it's an early Apogee title by Jam, but AFAIK 3DRealms just offers the shareware episode for free... I have the games on CD. BS introduced some of the mechanics which later made Rise of the Triad infamous: excessive gore and guards who feigned death to rise once you turned your back on them. Another lovable feature of the BS games were the informants: all biotechs shared the same sprite, but some of them were friendly and some were hostile. There were two ways of finding out who was friendly, and who wasn't - talk to them, or fire a shot...
When I found out I wasn't supposed to shoot anything that moved during my first game, I thought: 'Wow, impressive'. :biggrin:

EDIT
I was just having a look at the 3DRealms page and must admit that I played most of what they published, except for Prey (but that's a title I'll get some day).

Well, I fully stocked up my 'low end' laptop for my business trip this week (delayed by Chicago snow throttling all cross-country traffic) ... so I have

GBA - still Mazes of Fate (and still loving it!)

DS - Lunar Knights (haven't started yet)

PC:
- Fallout
- Fallout 2
- Sam & Max - all 3 episodes
- BG2
- Jedi Knight II
- Wiz 8
- Fate
- PS:T
- Geneforge 4

My assumption is that I'll blow through the Sam & Max stuff, go through Jedi Knight 2 (probably ~35 times now) for my '5th anniversary run' and then on to ... um ... something.

Already finished God of War, so I tried the God mode (hardest difficulty setting). I've given up at about halfway through it, at the start of Poseidon's Challenge with the puppies-turned-Cerberus. Way too much.

I moved on and now trying Shadow of the Colossus. Jawesome.

@Jaz : Hm, maybe I mixed it with Bio Menace, of which the full game is available, not only the Shareware version.

Last Saturday I bought Railroad Tycoon II Platinum (Edition), for only 5 Euros, which I'm happily playing now. :)

I'm currently playing Legacy of the Ancients on a C64 emulator. I don't know why, but I replay this game every couple of years. It's just a fun little game.

I don't know why, but I replay this game every couple of years. It's just a fun little game.

I have exactly the same feelings towards Commander Keen 3 ( & 4 ), Indy 4 and Monkey Island I.
And the Realms of Arcania trilogy.

It's just pure joy.

I'll see your Gothic 3 and meet it with a Gothic 2 and 3 and up the ante with Thief Deadly Shadows, Disciples II Gold,HoMMIV and HoMMV, Titan Quest, Civ IV, AoE III and Anno 1701. Those are just the ones on my "really want to" play list...not including the ones I had to buy "just in case" I win the lottery and can get a maid and nanny and play all day:D

Back to your regularly scheduled thread...

Celeste
And so the gauntlet is dropped, although it might be an uphill battle for me.

Unopened on the shelf, or barely played: GalCiv1, Civ4, Gothic1, JA2, ToEE, DS2 expansion

Waiting on me to rob a bank and procure a new rig: X3, NWN2

Waiting on me to rob a bank and procure a new rig: X3, NWN2

I forgot to mention X2 and X3. I have them both but have never played either of them except for the X2 demo. Considering how huge those games are, I don't know if I'll ever have the time to fit them in my schedule.

X2 is a ton o' fun, but you can sink a lot of hours into it. A guy with m4d p1l07ing SkiLz could probably complete the story missions in ~40 hours, but the game is probably more about the sandbox experience than the missions, so I'd carve out 100+ hours if you're ready to play. It's probably not a bad game to play at the same time as some other game. I'm usually a gaming monogamist, but X2 has more flexibility than most games.

Back
Top Bottom