Dishonored - October Launch Date

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Dishonored has been officially announced for October 12th:
BETHESDA SOFTWORKS MARKS OCTOBER 12, 2012 LAUNCH DATE FOR DISHONORED
Arkane Studios’ Supernatural Assassin Action Game Available Worldwide This Fall
May 10th, 2012 (London, UK) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today announced that Dishonored™, the supernatural assassin action game under development at Arkane® Studios, will be available in North America on October 9, in Australia on October 11 and throughout Europe on October 12, 2012. Developed under the direction of co-creative directors Raphael Colantonio and Harvey Smith, Dishonored is slated for release on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Games for Windows.

Dishonored is set in Dunwall, an industrial whaling city where steampunk- inspired technology and otherworldly forces coexist in the shadows. You are Corvo, the once-trusted bodyguard of the beloved Empress who has been murdered. Framed for the crime, you become an infamous assassin, known by the disturbing mask that has become your calling card. In a time of uncertainty, when the city is besieged by plague and ruled by a corrupt government armed with frightening technologies, dark forces bestow supernatural abilities upon you – but at what cost? The truth behind your betrayal is as murky as the waters surrounding the city, and the life you once had is gone forever.

Creatively eliminate your enemies with Dishonored’s flexible combat system as you combine supernatural abilities with weapons and gadgets at your disposal. Pursue your targets under the cover of darkness or boldly attack them head on with weapons drawn. The outcome of each mission plays out based on the choices you make.

“We are pleased that Dishonored has captured people’s attention,” said Vlatko Andonov, president of Bethesda Softworks. “We are looking forward to sharing lots more information about the game leading up to its launch in October, and having a hands-on build of Dishonored in our booth at E3!”

For more information on Dishonored visit www.Dishonored.com.
More information.

Looks pretty interesting. I'll need to keep an eye on this one.

Cannot wait, but boy that box art looks unimaginative. If I had no idea what this game is and saw it on a shelf, I do not think I would buy it.

Watching this one very closely - it's making all the right noises at the moment. Am praying they don't blunder with DRM, DLC or bugs at the last hurdle.

Watching this one very closely - it's making all the right noises at the moment. Am praying they make Arx Fatalis 2 soon.

It would probably be an excellent game, but it won't be a RPG. ( much Thief-like, IMO )

Hope Arkane can pull this off, if so I bet Arks Fatalis 2 won't be far behind!

Well it's stated as Supernatural Assassin Action Game so not an rpg. Solves that question doesn't? As for the game I might buy it we shall see.

Yeah, I think it's fairly clear that it won't be an RPG. I'd be very surprised if it turns out to be one.

It does sound a bit interesting, mainly due to the setting, but simply not excited about it at this point. I'll probably pay more attention as we get closer to release.

It's absolutely not an RPG - we cover it the same as we have always covered Thief and because we like Arkane. Don't even expect RPG elements beyond what you might find in Thief or Hitman.

Back
Top Bottom