Rebel Galaxy Outlaw - Interview about Player Choice

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
OnlySP interviewed the developers of Rebel Galaxy Outlaw about player choice.

OnlySP: There are currently seven radio stations in the game with over 21 hours of content, are there any plans to add more stations/songs or the option for players to create a custom playlist from the existing songs?

Baldree: You can create both a mixtape channel, as well as context-sensitive dynamic soundtrack for when the radio is turned off. We're considering adding some more songs after release, but the soundtrack is already pretty hefty!

OnlySP: There is a large amount of complexity to the piloting as players will be moving around a 3D space, often in combat. How accessible is the game for players who may not have played a space or flight simulator before?

Baldree: It's historically a big problem for accessibility. Our solution is the Autopursuit trigger (or button, if you're on a mouse). Holding it down assists you in tracking your target and managing your throttle, while still allowing you to fly. Think of it like tethering yourself to a target. We think it makes the game a lot more fun, and a lot more approachableOnlySP: There are currently seven radio stations in the game with over 21 hours of content, are there any plans to add more stations/songs or the option for players to create a custom playlist from the existing songs?

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

This game actually looks pretty damn cool. And I have to install the epic launcher because of Phoenix Point anyway, so why not.

This game actually looks pretty damn cool. And I have to install the epic launcher because of Phoenix Point anyway, so why not.
Lol, my exact thoughts in the same exact order...

DAY ONE PURCHASE!!!! This is looking to be the absolute best game I'll play since Privateer I-II and the Freelancers, Starlancer, etc.. Rebel Galaxy 1 was really good!

If I don't see rating 18+, it can get off my property.

If I don't see rating 18+, it can get off my property.

What could you possibly demand of a Space Fighter game that warrants a 18+ rating? Blood and gore falling out of destroyed ships? Cut scenes with the protagonist naked? The protagonist running around naked in a starship goring people?

What could you possibly demand of a Space Fighter game that warrants a 18+ rating?

Possibly Joxer wants some mature language and of course "the smoking man" behind the scenes

The protagonist running around naked in a starship goring people?

At first sight I read "protagonist running naked around starship" (in space)…. That would be really horrifying stuff and instabuy for Joxer. :p

Back
Top Bottom