Star Dynasties - Preview

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
GameWatcher has a preview for role-playing sci-fi strategy game Star Dynasties.

With such a heavy emphasis on characters and character driven actions, an emergent narrative begins to evolve. As each turn passes and more actions are taken (by a myriad of characters), a web of intrigue, injustices, and heroic deeds unfold. A vassal switches allegiance to a rival house, a strategic marriage nets you a claim on some new territory. An enemy house imprisons one of your faction members whilst on assignment in their territory. Each of these events is logged and its impacts on your relations with others is tracked.

For an Early Access game, Star Dynasties feels refreshingly further along the development lifecycle than other titles. It's stable, it has a clear and functional UI, a tutorial, and its major mechanics seem to have all been implemented. It's almost as if the developer is using Early Access to garner feedback, refine the gameplay and implement balance changes--rather than offer customers a proof of concept and a promise to deliver a game at some point in the future.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

One important distinction from Stellaris or Crusader Kings is that this game is turn-based and currently has little or no gameplay around building buildings, researching techs or those kind of things. Not saying those are good or bad - just noting them.

It actually has all of those but it's done differently and more focused on ruling your fief. Almost similar to Stellar Monarch. Your the ruler not a scientist or construction worker.

Yes what the man said above I agree 100%.

Nope my unused avatar needs love.:love:

Plus I need to satisfy my other self. The whole split personality.:lol:

Yeah man leave him alone.:cool:

(This is fun by the way.)

Back
Top Bottom