White Gold - War in Paradise

I wouldn't call it an RPG although it certainly has some aspects that are normally found in RPGs, really good game though, can't wait for war in paradise.

I thought it (BP) was every bit as much of a RPG as Oblivion - the only difference is shooter vs. fantasy.

Boiling Point looked really interesting to me, but I never checked it out. The reviews were pretty dire in warnings of bugs and performance issues, so I stayed away. Doubly so since I don't buy games un-tested (demo or otherwise).

So what's the truth of the matter on Boiling Point? Good? Not so good?

I bought Boiling Point a year ago and after having played it for a period of time, I stopped because it was simply too bug-filled. It has a lot of bugs, so I would not advise you to buy it, Gallifrey. Furthermore there are some annoying gameplay elements in Boiling Point such as medicine addiction and required sleep. They hadn't quite balanced that sufficiently.
Overall the game is interesting but it just has too many bugs. At least that was my perception of Boiling Point.

Well the final patch was released and it's much more stable now, if you have it or find it a a resonable price, you should definably check it out.
So I disagree with Asbjoern and it honestly sounds as if he has never played with the final patch, it's version 2.0 EU, here is a link. :)
http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/7165/Boiling+Point:+Road+to+Hell+Retail+Patch+2.0+-+EU

It's a very creative attempt, which was forced out early by atari whom was in bankrupcty at the time, similar to what was done to G3.

I am sort of shock, why wouldn't BP qualify as a RPG? O_O
Obviously just saying it isn't an RPG be bogus, so list an example of why it's not an RPG, please. :)

Here just to be fair I will start first here is a quick short list.

Multiple factions to gain and lose relations with, gaining gets you more quests with a faction while losing prevents quests.

Multiple endings, iirc but I usually play good, so I don't check all possible endings.

Stat increases through usage, like oblivion, which I honestly don't like much about it, but still Stats and progression is a RPG feature, afaik.

Multiple dialog choices and ways of completing quests.

I highly suggest if you play this to visit a RPGWatch forum member's [the nefarious Shadowmoses ;) ] fan site, here.
http://www.xenus-hq.net/index.php?l=en&x_action=en/news.php

For a couple Mods, most importantly the No Horns mod, it replaces the annoying and constant horn honking of the AI.

Also we are talking about a huge openworld RPG, in many respects it's a budget title, yet it can be extremely fun, if you like Shooter RPGs like Deus Ex.

Oh well, maybe if White Gold turns out well, now they have a better publisher than crappy atari, you will have more luck and fun. :)

It certainly never got the polish of a AAA title and was/is only a B title with much potential, as I hope can be done in White Gold.

I agree with Acleacius that BP was quite good and very underrated, especially as it included almost everything that latter games like STALKER promised but didn't deliver. If they can get rid of the bugs for White Gold this could be a sleeper hit, but I'm even more curious about Precursors!

They have some BAD drivers in town. Everynow and then they'll run down one of their buddies and kill them. At the checkpoints you have to be careful to not get to close to the guards or you could accidently run them over and kill them. They get a bit miffed at you for killin their buddy.

The driving was pretty good outside of town. The AI seemed to do a good job at staying on the road when driving from town to town.

its a nice game. I want to download it, could you tell me the url from where i get the game.

Back
Top Bottom