Gothic 4 - First Screens Redux

Looks very nice. Sure reminds me more of Gothic 2 than 3.

It wil just be another bug ridden game like the last one, with no attempt to fix it.

The whole series was bug ridden iirc. The first two was released in germany first so rest of the world got a finished version. Third game that was buggiest was also the first one to be released worldwide simultaneously. Not a good combination.

Meh, I'd rather have a bug ridden Gothic than a perfect polished Oblivon any day.If the story and gameplay are at least on par with Gothic 3 I'm sold. Because despite it's flaws I really liked playing the game.
And if it's going to be as good as part 1 or 2 (I'm not counting this as likely, but we'll see) than I'm more than happy.

Meh, I'd rather have a bug ridden Gothic than a perfect polished Oblivon any day.If the story and gameplay are at least on par with Gothic 3 I'm sold. Because despite it's flaws I really liked playing the game.
And if it's going to be as good as part 1 or 2 (I'm not counting this as likely, but we'll see) than I'm more than happy.

Anyone will be happy if is as good like part 1 and 2, with the lack of release of games this last times, anything is welcome.

Consola is eating everything.
________
Ecig forum

Last edited:
Now concept art is called screenshots?

Yeah, lol. If anyone can make the sea look anything like in screen 7, I would be ecstatic. I've always been disappointed in how the sea (and rivers usually) look in computer games (not just CRPGs). Oblivion was the worst, everything was just like the same old mill-pond.

IIRC the river in the Witcher was quite nice though.

Now concept art is called screenshots?

I don't think that all the screenshots are concept art and that a few are really from the game itself. Those with the pile of weapons and deffinately screenshot 6 and 7 are concept art. The others can be ingame.

The others can be ingame.

None of them are ingame, they are all promo-shots, rendered especially for being published in game mags. At least I can't see any "game" in these pictures. So they aren't "ingame".

Well, the posted screens are much better than what they posted previously. Would be nice to know which, if any of them were actually 'in game', without knowing that, it's really pointless.

Well, some of them reminded me of very early Drakensang pictures ... Of which the most - as we later learned - were really to be in-game scenes.

None of them are ingame, they are all promo-shots, rendered especially for being published in game mags. At least I can't see any "game" in these pictures. So they aren't "ingame".

They aren't 'in game' if your definition has to include actual gameplay, but several are taken with the game's engine. They are as real as it gets in its current state.

They aren't 'in game' if your definition has to include actual gameplay, but several are taken with the game's engine. They are as real as it gets in its current state.
I agree. Some of the pics that looked like paintings in low resolution look much more real (in the sense of pics produced within the engine) at high resolution.

So far, so good from my point of view. They've shown in various interviews, threads and comments that they intend to stick mostly to the Gothic recipe (with some additions from their own game development experience, obviously), and according to the pictures it seems they are working hard on getting the atmosphere right already.

I don't see any pictures when I click the link, I just end up at the pcgames.de front page...

Well I finally found the screenshots. I'm very worried about G4 now, it doesn't look like a Gothic game, and it doesn't look like it will "feel" like a Gothic game either.

It looks like it's going to be a very sterile and detached experience, more along the lines of NeverWinter Nights than Gothic. When I say that, I mean "feel" not literal gameplay mechanics.

Well I finally found the screenshots. I'm very worried about G4 now, it doesn't look like a Gothic game, and it doesn't look like it will "feel" like a Gothic game either.

It looks like it's going to be a very sterile and detached experience, more along the lines of NeverWinter Nights than Gothic. When I say that, I mean "feel" not literal gameplay mechanics.
Hmm, I'm not sure how you want to get a feel for the game from a few landscape shots and weapon models.

I've been doing it ever since computer games were invented, and I have a very good track record for being correct.

I *have* been wrong on occasion. But my gut instincts are usually *very* reliable, and G4 gives me a bad one.

I would even go so far as to say the quality of the world is a pretty big step back from Gothic 3.

Back
Top Bottom