Tod Howard - Cheating Players & Stop Buying Skyrim

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Welcome come sit by the fire and join me fellow Watchers. It's time for two more articles on gamesindustry with the Holy Savoir of gaming Tod Howard. Enjoy and comment.

Fallout 76 and the thrill of 'stranger danger'

Link - https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-07-18-fallout-76-and-the-benefits-of-stranger-danger
Bethesda's Pete Hines discusses how the publisher's previous RPGs have been cheating players - and how its next title resolves this
"Millions of people" are still playing Skyrim every month

Link - https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...f-people-are-still-playing-skyrim-every-month
Todd Howard on the many Skyrim ports: "If you want us to stop releasing it, stop buying it."

Fallout 76 sounds better and better - can't wait :)
Not me but I agree that gamers need to stop buying Skyrim.:biggrin:

As both editions have sold a combined 15+ million copies already.

Not me but I agree that gamers need to stop buying Skyrim.:biggrin:

As both editions have sold a combined 15+ million copies already.

It's a great game that people love :)

The more they buy, the more money they'll have for the next one. It's a win-win as far as I'm concerned ;)

Maybe I should buy another copy? Hmmm ;)

It's a great game that people love :)

The more they buy, the more money they'll have for the next one. It's a win-win as far as I'm concerned ;)

Maybe I should buy another copy? Hmmm ;)
Go ahead you can help fund Skyrim 2.0 and 3.0. In the next five years.:p

I wont as I'm already burnt out and exhausted with Skyrim.

Thank you for inspiring me in this way ;)
Well we know you represent the common Betshsada Fan then.;)

Wish I could milk my fans and generate millions on an eight year old game.

This would make a good research study about buyer habits.:thinking:

Well we know you represent the common Betshsada Fan then.;)

Wish I could milk my fans and generate millions on an eight year old game.

This would make a good research study about buyer habits.:thinking:

We all know you represent the average grumpy Trump voter who doesn't like it when others enjoy success ;)

I know a lot of people fret a lot when others make a ton of money on their hard work, and that's ok with me.

I find such things highly amusing!

We all know you represent the average grumpy Trump voter who doesn't like it when others enjoy success ;)

I know a lot of people fret a lot when others make a ton of money on their hard work, and that's ok with me.

I find such things highly amusing!
Really Dart sigh you never change.:biggrin:

Moving on now not worth it.:cool:

Are you already distracted? Why don't you go write a note and send it to 20 million people - asking them to stop enjoying this game that you don't like, because it bothers you :)

That, or grow up a little and whine a little less.

Link - https://thenextweb.com/gaming/2018/...-have-a-point-about-the-re-release-of-skyrim/
Ever have one of those odd moments when something that isn’t directed at you feels a little too pointed? I’ve written a whole article about how Bethesda is milking the Skyrim craze just a little too much, and the whole series felt like it was stagnating. So I felt a bit like Todd Howard was trying to tell me something.

But regarding what Todd actually says: fine, I concede the point. Skyrim has somehow managed to keep selling across multiple ports and remasters. And hey, businesses gotta business. I guess I shouldn’t really fault the company for trying to maximize the earnings of one product that no longer needs work.

I will stand by one point, though: one of the major draws of Skyrim continues to be the modding community, which is still creating bigger and better mods to this day — essentially improving on the product and continuously making it more fun and worthwhile. Meanwhile, the Switch version of the game, the latest one to be released that doesn’t involve a voice assistant, still carries the bugs and glitches of previous versions.

If you insist on re-releasing the game until the community as a whole finally gets sick of it, then at least fix the problems the game already has before you do and save the unpaid modders the trouble of doing it for you.

Actually, they upgraded Skyrim and released it to everyone who already bought Skyrim for free. :p

I don't get why people feel they need to rag on popular RPGs. Skyrim is a great game. No game is perfect, and no game suits every person's taste. But its hard to deny that Skyrim sold a lot of copies, a lot of people play it (and are still playing it), and its overwhelming popularity even rejuvinated CRPGs in some ways.

Keep distracting with that passive aggressiveness, Dart! And never ever let anyone else post last!
He can't stop remember this meme from years back.

duty_calls.png

Last edited:
It's been a while since I felt like that :)

It's easy to pretend the people who disagree with you are doing it to annoy you - or because they're mentally ill, or whatever else you're comfortable deluding yourself into thinking.

More often than not, I think it's simply that we believe what we believe - and we don't necessarily enjoy being accused of something that's not true at all.

Probably goes both ways.

However, if there's an "objectively" productive position to be found here - I'm pretty sure it's not going to be the position of constantly whining about something you don't like - that you absolutely can't change or control.

In fact, I think that's potentially unhealthy - and I wouldn't beat my chest too much if I was locked into that kind of foolishness.

Hopefully size measurement is over with already.

On topic.
Cheating players in MMOs = couldn't care less. After so many years I can't understand whiners still playing mmos. Cheating and cheaters are there to stay, if one can't accept that, they should forget mmoing already and return back to actual videogames.
Noone should stop buying Skyrim. On PC. For all I know there is no unofficial patch that contains thousands of bugfixes nor no_respawn mod on other platforms.

Why should people stop buying Skyrim? Prior to Creation Club it was a shining example of good business: single player with no multiplayer tacked on, no microtransactions and endless DLC but only three sizable DLC, great modding community not stifled by Bethesda. They are making new games, so it's not like it's holding back new stuff.

Back
Top Bottom