Mordor: Return to Dejenol - Website Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Sandy dropped us a line about an indie freeware game I wasn't aware of - Mordor: Return to Dejenol. There isn't a huge amount of information at the site (and no screens I could see) but it looks like Firestorm Productions is trying to create a sequel to David Allen's Mordor: The Depth's of Dejenel. I haven't played Depths but I assume it fits in with Allen's Demise stuff (before he started the ill-fated Horizons MMORPG). If I've got this wrong, drop a line in the comments.
So, Firestorm has put up a development progress page and we'll try to keep an eye on this in future.
More information.

Is horizons Ill fated? It seems to be going according to Wikipedia. Google warns you not to go to the website because of potential spyware/virusi.

I think so. Allen had a bitter battle with David Bowman who essentially wrested control, ousted Allen and -- according to Allen -- preceeded to release a game that was a poor shadow of his initial plans. Artifact then became insolvent and Tulga took over Horizons. Sounds lile a sorry tale to me, even if the game is still going.

I remember when original Horizons had a complete media blackout -- website vanished overnight, all contact lost -- and then reappeared with a GUTTED design due to that idiot David Bowman. I am still disappointed, as I was then... Original Horizons design was very good mainly because Allen took the time and researched WHAT MMO PLAYERS WANTED in an online game and designing the game design around that. However, David Bowman raped the design into a lame, stupid MMORPG total failure that it has become. Nobody sane still plays Horizons. Because it was a gutted game. I hate David Bowman, I hope he dies soon.

Back
Top Bottom