Star Citizen Info Thread

Roberts brothers interview notes (it's 2 different interviews).

And Chris confirmed no SQ42 at Gamescom.

I didn't expect SQ42 - but they've been talking about a big reveal and dropped a few hints.

Besides, Roberts likes to make an impression - so I think there's going to be a surprise or two.

Of course, it's probably not going to shake the world or anything - but I'll be a little sad if it's the same old 3.0 with nothing new.

The Daymar experience (45 min):

The chatty is IMO worse than english dubs in jrpgs so perhaps you should mute the sound.

Some of the bugs, I've seen in released games, especially those tied to physics/collisions. Probably not that easy to "fix". I even saw a Skyrim "body launched in the air" moment, except it was a Cutlass ramp that launched the player, not a giant.

CIG also released videos tied to ships on sales during Gamescom. the Aurora video shows a lots of possible skins. Now the question is if the Star Kitten one is a joke or not…

Last edited:
I'm with azarhal here I think.

Some bugs are not something I'd call "critical", even if they pass to the release version I won't care much. Some.

Friday live stream presentation reactions: one step forward more awesome Star Citizen Machinima.

I loved it, personally. Extremely impressed with how much tech that's actually working right now. Having essentially huge mobile and intricate levels fly around with so much interaction between entities is pretty wild.

Feel bad they had that one very unfortunate crash, because you know that kind of thing will be fodder for trolls.

To me, it just reminded me of the balls they have by not going with prerecorded material. It would be so easy to make everything seem perfect by scripting something and do a zillion takes until you had the pitch-perfect PR video.

They are obviously close to a real game with 3.0 - even if we're still facing at least a couple of years of content development and refinement.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 3.0 release represents the peak of technical challenges and things just might start getting a lot easier from there.

The biggest hurdle will still be the network and server performance optimisation, but it's obvious from the live demo that great strides have been made. Apart from the final double cap ship and fighters battle, it was pretty smooth and quite playable.

I normally don't bother with the ship adverts - but I think this was pretty unique.

Oh, I liked the presentation. I just find it amusing that they have all the tools to make awesome Machinima (the camera stuff they added late last year lead to awesome fans videos of the game) and that they keep adding more because it is immersive (although I don't see every players buying the camera to use FOIP).

3.0 current "drop date" (based on bugs burndown) is early September, so that means late October/November for the PTU if everything goes fine in Evocati. I can't wait for the new patcher and crashing my ship on a moon surface (for sciences).

Sorry, but I didn't watch that on the Games Com.

Oh, I liked the presentation. I just find it amusing that they have all the tools to make awesome Machinima (the camera stuff they added late last year lead to awesome fans videos of the game) and that they keep adding more because it is immersive (although I don't see every players buying the camera to use FOIP).

3.0 current "drop date" (based on bugs burndown) is early September, so that means late October/November for the PTU if everything goes fine in Evocati. I can't wait for the new patcher and crashing my ship on a moon surface (for sciences).

You don't need that camera, and the FOIP has been a potential goal for their R&D department for a long time. I remember CR talking about how he wanted in-game positional player speech and player-driven facial tech around two years ago.

It's much better to integrate this kind of tech earlier rather than later, where something like this could potentially break the rest of the tech in all manner of ways.

CR is serious when he talks about cutting edge and, AFAIK, SC is the only game that has ever approached this in a way where it's actually doable, given enough time.

Bioware should license the engine (and almost all of its assets) and make a mass effect 5 :)

Bioware can't license any engine.
The whole EA is shackled and forced to use only frostbite, something else is not allowed.

Bioware should license the engine (and almost all of its assets) and make a mass effect 5 :)

It would pretty much be the perfect engine for a proper Mass Effect :)

Of course, it might be a bit of a waste if they're going back to Mass Effect 2 for inspiration.

I think the trouble is CR hates space.

Realistic scale galaxy? They didn't feel it was important. Space is empty, space is boring. This is the foundation of their design.

In fact, space is so boring that focus became on the destinations. You disembark your ship on foot; leaving space entirely.

Now we're left with a game of empty destinations.

The more funding this game gets the less of a space simulation it will become. It's not intentional; he's just genuinely trying to make it more interesting and he hates space.

Some people are naturally fascinated by every aspect of space while others don't think much about it and consider celestial events like eclipses to be entirely uninteresting events. But is that the sort of person who is capable of really understanding what it takes to make a great space game?

I guess we'll see in 2037 when it launches! =)

Here's a better and cleaner video of the Gamescom demo - without the cringey RP dialogue.

I'm with azarhal here I think.

Some bugs are not something I'd call "critical", even if they pass to the release version I won't care much. Some.

Ah! Like the ones in Skyrim then.

I like the streamlined pipboy in the video!

3.0 now released for Evocati with the new delta patcher.

edit: release notes, for people interest to know all that changed.

Back
Top Bottom