DA:Inquisition - Bioware Shares Dragon Stats

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Game Informer shared the news that Bioware released a new info-graph with information on how many Dragons gamers killed in Dragon Age: Inquisition.

So if you're intrested here is the image.

DragonAgeStats.jpg

Dragon Age: Inquisition is a story of love and loss and demons. There are also dragons, and you have killed quite a few of them.

Earlier today, BioWare shared some stats and tips related to the dragons of Thedas. As of earlier today, 2,602,377 of the enormous winged beasts have fallen before your Inquisitors.

Of all of them, the Fereldan Frostback seems to be your favorite target. The Highland Ravager though, has proved the most elusive.

Over half of the dragons killed have been in Orlesian territory. And BioWare suggests that you enlist the help of Frederic to find the Abyssal High Dragon.
More information.

So I'm curious how many Dragons did you all kill as I hated fighting them. It took me over forty minutes to just kill one of the weaker dragons in my game.:brood:

None. Everytime I fought them I got my a$s handed back to me.... they are so annoying to fight. Yeah, and I hate the fact that legs etc aren't counted as part of their overall HP damage. Considering PC GUI is rubbish, I hate combat, which makes me avoid dragon fights like a plague.

I wonder what other data EA is harvesting.

Interesting how they know what the most commonly used first name for Shepard was in Italy but suffer data blackouts when it comes to their games knowing if you killed Leliana or not.

Also if you can't opt out of this type of thing, I'm not buying the game ever. Really hate a) that creepy feeling that some EA marketing guy is watching you as you play like some lab rat b) the balancing patches that inevitably come out as a result "because people were ragequitting at the wolf fight we dropped global enemy HP by 30% and raised PC critical chance by 50%" (a la DA:O patch 1.2 that made most fights trivial on 'normal').

I can kill most of the dragons if I'm around 2-3 levels higher than the dragon. They are never a push over so come prepared (healed and stocked up on potions).

Well for all the the members who complain about Bioware our site voted this game the third best RPG of last Year.So the loud minority are not correct.:cool:
I can kill most of the dragons if I'm around 2-3 levels higher than the dragon. They are never a push over so come prepared (healed and stocked up on potions).
It usually takes me at least thirty minutes to kill a dragon in the game regardless of my levels. I agree about being prepared as you will constantly die.
The same data they collected since Mass Effect. If anyone has a problem with it go to game options and turn off data collection. They include this option in every game.

I have only started DAI couple of weeks ago but not killed any dragons. However I ran into a dragon fighting a giant in one area (where you recruit Iron Bull) but the dragon fled when I got close so I killed the giant instead. Anyway the dragon must have heard about my heroic deeds and got scared!

As for EA collecting data, I have no problems provided I can turn it off. I like to see stuff like this and see what other people have been doing. Its bit of harmless fun... or is it? May be the NSA can use my dragon killing habit decide I am potential terrorist?

So I'm curious how many Dragons did you all kill as I hated fighting them. It took me over forty minutes to just kill one of the weaker dragons in my game.:brood:
Killed all.
If it took you 40 minutes - you got to it too early.

A few pointers how to deal with them easily (without abusing certain classes stepping into "void" spells):
- concentrate on their front legs so they can't jump around where you lose precious time chasing them
- every dragon is vulnerable on some element damage, for example the first one you meet in Hinterlands is vulnerable on ice, thus take Vivienne with you, equip her nice ice staff and he's history
- every dragon attacks you with some type of damage, belts of dmgtype resistance are not just a decoration and are the only thing I never sold in my game, use them!
- upgrade potion perks asap
- craft the best equipment for your party and if possible add 4 bonus damage runes vs dragons on weapons, yea, exactly, the loot you get as a reward from dragons is better than crafted stuff, but that's the idea, maybe should be called craft2loot :)

The data they displayed is probably just their "wish to be true".

I bet it is based on dragonkilling achievement which is bugged on all platforms. You kill all 10 dragons and receive no achievement. The actual requirement is to kill 11 dragons, which means to get the achievement you need to kill one dragon twice in your first run (kill one, reaload the game, kill it again). And which dragon is easiest to kill twice? Oh, it's Frostback?! Yea... Ofc.

Bioware should patch the game already.

I killed 2. First one was hard (Ferelden Frostback), but the second one was easy (Crestwood). After that I learned that if it takes you more than a few minutes to kill a dragon you are doing something wrong.

I've seen video of the hardest dragon (highland ravager) killed on nightmare solo with an archer in under 20 seconds actually.

if it takes you more than a few minutes to kill a dragon you are doing something wrong.
You're doing nothing wrong, you just got to it too early. And if you have patience to fight it for half an hour, why shouldn't you? Why wait till you get stronger? The equipment you get from dragons is too awsome to skip.
I didn't have patience so I was grinding exploring Hinterlands, Hinterlands 2, Hinterlands 3, etc first.

I've seen video of the hardest dragon (highland ravager) killed on nightmare solo with an archer in under 20 seconds actually.
Proof or it didn't happen. I was always a few levels higher than most Dragons, and they never went down in 20 seconds. There was also a thread about Dragons on the forums.

Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27023
You're doing nothing wrong, you just got to it too early. And if you have patience to fight it for half an hour, why shouldn't you? Why wait till you get stronger? The equipment you get from dragons is too awsome to skip.
I didn't have patience so I was grinding exploring Hinterlands, Hinterlands 2, Hinterlands 3, etc first.
Yeah the Hinterlands in my first game I never left. I can't help myself as I like to explore every map before I moved on. Imagine my surprise when I finally did.

Last edited:
Proof or it didn't happen. I was always a few levels higher than most Dragons, and they never went down in 20 seconds. There was also a thread about Dragons on the forums.
Voidwalking/hiding archer probably. No need for a proof. Enemy AI can't target invisibles, enemies don't have mechanics to reveal hidden "hostiles". The best AI evar!

Yeah the Hinterlands in my first game I never left. I can't help myself as I like to explore every map before I moved on. Imagine my surprise when I finally did.
Imagine the surprise of those who believed Escapist's journalist who gave 10/10 to game before finishing it - when they returned to Hinterlands and found their first pair of bears that become thousand of bears in no time in a 10/10 game.

I took this boat to an island; and found a dragon that didn't like me :(

I was so disappionted with the boat trip I wanted a refund but since the trip was free there was no refund. Now I have to go back one day and ask the dragon to roll over and play dead.

Killed them all. I did struggle a bit at first, but it's not hard once you get a good setup going and craft some +Guard weapons.

But Ovenall, in Bioware's game you can:
1. save the game in front of the dragon
2. kill the dragon
3. load the game and kill it again

Can you do that in DS2?
I mean the first point. Save the game in front of something?

Point taken, but it's silly to get caught up in "OMG my behavior is being tracked!!" kind of outrage over a video game.

edit- in other words, who the hell cares how many dragons have been slain legitimately or not? Just a silly marketing gimmick.

I'm fairly certain EA has large warehouses full of people, probably communists, who watch you play the game real-time, often mocking your tactics and frustrations. By mining information such as which dragons you prefer, how often you swing your sword, and what direction you're likely to run, EA can then develop a fairly accurate representation of your traits, habits and overall personality. They then sell this information to groups such as ISIS, or worse, your government, who then target you with mind rays in an effort to change your thoughts before you have them.

…or you can just uncheck the "share usage data" box in the options menu.

Back
Top Bottom