Baldur's Gate 3 - Early Access Races

The licence holders of TDE should let Larian do the next TDE RPG.

Heh, I agree about the gnomes. Funny to see others feel the same way.
I never have liked the fantasy trope of the gnomes being mechanically inclined either. I was never a fan of gnomes, in general, in fantasy/D&D.

That said, I don't agree about halflings. I like halflings in the game, just so there is another small humanoid race, and not just the dwarves.

Speaking of variety, I also would like it if they had put in high elf and wood elf. Yea, I know that is not an original D&D race but I have come to like those different elf branches seen in other rpg games. Where the high elf are usually regal, elite types and magic users/wizards while the wood elf is like a ranger kind of, but closer to a secretive type of nature loving elf race. I do like the elven race, in general, its a staple of fantasy I think.

Updated: DUH, I just watched the video and saw they are putting in both the high elf and the wood elf, so that is awesome. I should watch the video first next time, lol

I do think they missed a trick by not putting in what is a traditional D&D race in the Half-Orc. For example, I think you could play a half-orc in Baldur's Gate if I recall correctly. It just is an interesting off the wall type race and I like variety.

Last edited:
Updated: DUH, I just watched the video and saw they are putting in both the high elf and the wood elf, so that is awesome. I should watch the video first next time, lol

I do think they missed a trick by not putting in what is a traditional D&D race in the Half-Orc. For example, I think you could play a half-orc in Baldur's Gate if I recall correctly. It just is an interesting off the wall type race and I like variety.

Yeah I remember you could play as an half-orc in the Baldur's Gate games. Shame you can't play as a troll also but that race never gets any love except in MMO's like Warcraft.

Link - https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Half-orc

The only question is can you play multi player like in the first two and make your entire party? Because I will have six Githyanki.

Since you brought up the Githyanki. I remember them being in NWN 2, and it even had a playable female Githyanki companion. To bad Obsidian didn't allow you to play as one.:(

Link - https://nwn2.fandom.com/wiki/Zhjaeve

The licence holders of TDE should let Larian do the next TDE RPG.

That would be an ideal match since nothing good has been made since the Drakensang games. Though Blackguard and Demonicon did an okay job. The Ip deserves better.:(

Another race I'd love to play is a Genasi, I love specially wind ones, and Larian is heavy into the elemental stuff. Hope it'll make it in at some point. Also, if there is Tiefling, there needs to be Aasimar!

Last edited:
Thank you I'm proud to be racist as you see I'm a troll. :p
Nope. Look at the cover of the original Monster Manual. No tusks, long nose... I'm guessing an ogre magi that's missing his horn. In fact, I think I see a little scarring on your forehead! ;)

Never said I was a native troll of the D&D setting now did I?:p

Then again I probably have some ogre or orc genes in the family line.:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom