Hades - Review @ IGN

Watched CohhCarnage play this on his Twitch stream. I will pass on this one. It is a repetitive nightmare. No thank you. I like to feel like I am progressing. This game puts you back at the beginning each successful and unsuccessful stage. No thanks!

This is a pretty addictive roguelike. A bit too actiony for my poor little fingers, but it gets a stamp of approval for fun gameplay and the itching feeling of "just one more run".

Watched CohhCarnage play this on his Twitch stream. I will pass on this one. It is a repetitive nightmare. No thank you. I like to feel like I am progressing. This game puts you back at the beginning each successful and unsuccessful stage. No thanks!

No big deal if it isn't for you, but I am not AT ALL usually a fan of repeating stuff in games and I love Hades. I felt a steady sense of progression. It's just not necessarily geographical progression.

I love the idea of this game, but I do not have the hand/eye reflexes that I did twenty years ago. I'd kinda have to agree with Nereida that it's a bit "too actiony" for me, but man, does it look good and still manage to be fun. I just suck at it. :D

I love the idea of this game, but I do not have the hand/eye reflexes that I did twenty years ago. I'd kinda have to agree with Nereida that it's a bit "too actiony" for me, but man, does it look good and still manage to be fun. I just suck at it. :D

I am far, far better with up close and personal weapons like the sword with a healthy dose of dashing.

I am far, far better with up close and personal weapons like the sword with a healthy dose of dashing.

Most succesfull run by far I had with spear and increased attack speed. Worst results with bow and arrow. Cant aim I guess :)

A big thing is to get the right boons for the weapon you select. Like having a deflect boon for you bow special… So yeah, besides your own and your character's skills it is also plain luck. ;)

(Of course it has repetition. It's a rogue-like.)

A big thing is to get the right boons for the weapon you select. Like having a deflect boon for you bow special… So yeah, besides your own and your character's skills it is also plain luck. ;)

(Of course it has repetition. It's a rogue-like.)

There's definitely luck, but if you know which gods give which types of boons you can seek them out. If I really wanted to combo a certain boon with a certain weapon, I'd often equip one of the artifacts that guaranteed boons of a certain god. You can always just swap it out after the first floor if you no longer need it.

Back
Top Bottom