Arcanum - Multiverse Edition

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Luj1 spotted that the Arcanum Multiverse Edition 1.3.0.9 is available on Steam now:

Features

▪ Multilanguage.
Preparing RePack we proceeded from the fact that all our fixes are compatible with both the Russian and English versions of the game. Selecting a language does not affect the performance of edits.
▪ Partially modified gameplay.
Some additions and additions touched dialogue and scripted scenes, namely the relation of words and NPC actions.
▪ Maps from Mapper's Mod integrated.
The project has done a great job over the ennoblement of design of all game locations: a lot of artifacts like sinking into walls objects were eliminated. Vegetation in those sectors where it is most conspicuous was cleaned. Also original arts were handled and added new ones, that formed the basis of graphical improvements of the mod. Detailed information can be found in the subject of the project. Also included is an expanded version of the mod, developed specially for the Sir's Expectations Modpack project (for details see "Other projects Multiverse Team").
▪ Original cut-out animation was integrated.
The beta versions of Arcanum presented additional animation, which was later cut. As an example of this animation new animated NPC movement in combat.
▪ Portraits of the beta-version of the game were added.
Introduced seven new portraits for different races and sexes which were absent in the original version of the game.
▪ Some background soundtracks were replaced.
Original cut-out ambient of the release version has been replaced by a more complete from the beta-version.
▪ Original lossless music was integrated.
Tracks in lossless quality we personally handed us by the composer Ben Houge, so that the quality of these tracks can be no doubt. Perhaps the owners of the integrated sound card and standard speakers will not appreciate our efforts, but I hope that everyone else will like it.
▪ High-quality maps of cities were integrated.
In the corresponding locations viewing the picture mode will be smoother.
▪ Contributed many fixes for items.
For example, the visual discrepancy between the schematics and the items were excluded, as well as revised their characteristics.
▪ New items have been created and objects based on used or previously missing artifacts.
Thus, we found an unused applications and content made by developers and we could eliminate some of the errors in the layout locations.
▪ Added the ability to run the game in windowed mode.
Previously, this required to register a key in the shortcut properties, but now this feature is available in the configurator.
▪ Arcanum High Resolution Patch was updated and integrated.
Especially for the patch made for high-resolution the interface version has been created and added to the scope of two variants of a background of the main menu. It is hiding visual artifacts after the patch installation.
▪ Selection of the best ideas and patches from UAP, GF 1.3, 1.0.7.5 and alpha patch.
Also a lot of small fixes of unknown bugs, improvements and additions were performed by our team.
▪ Configurator and launcher were created for easy compatibility settings with Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.
Configurator allows to connect Wine libraries and choose options that previously needed to register keys in the shortcut properties.
▪ Designed bonus section.
In the installation folder you can find a lot of official content.

Detailed report on the above items is set out in the log of changes and fixes included in the documentation for the game (files are in 'Arcanum\Arcanum\documents').
More information.

Well this certainly proves there are RPG gods. And that they have been listening!

It already works with the GoG edition.

Actually forget that. I've been told this repack is a standalone.

Conсerning Steam or GoG. We've made our repack separately from that platforms. Our re-pack is absolutely stand-alone version of the full game. And it can be downloaded from torrent trakers.

Bookmarked this page because I know i will eventually play the game again.

My personal favorite gets a new facelift.
Who needs that "rpg renaissance" nonsense when we have gems like this?
Yeeeaahh!

(Note to self: next playthru must be done with a dumb character)

Such a great world with such bad combat. Two of the best games of all time ruined by boring combat. Arcanum and Morrowind.

Might have to play this again. This was one of my favorite games a while back. Very unique and great character design. Seems a bit complicated to get running but doable.

Such a great world with such bad combat. Two of the best games of all time ruined by boring combat. Arcanum and Morrowind.

Personally, I don't mind.
Fortunately, Arcanum has much to offer beside combat.

FYI: to me, most cRPG's combat is utter rubbish anyway:
- either too simple and boring,
- or complex, but limited: does not support that particular tactic I want to achieve (yes, I was spoiled by pen and paper games!)

Tip for non-combat guys like me: just play a neutral mage (keeping tech/magic affinity somewhere in the middle) with maxed out Harm magic, and you can click through most battles with ease.

The combat doesn't ruin it but certain builds are either hopeless (gunslingers for instance) or RAWRR overpowered (some melee builds).

I've been playing it recently with a gunslinger, and I haven't had any major problems. That's with with combat set to Hard too. Some of the early areas were pretty tough, but it definitely gets a lot easier past the midway point. High charisma and persuasion helps a lot.

Any build is viable with the right companions. Some of the NPCs are somewhat overpowered.

Did GOG update it or did you have to download something externally ?

This is not an official update by any stretch.

So so your guys play in RT or Turn based? I've always kept in on RT since that's the default, does changing to turn based make for example a gunslinger more viable? I've always favoured tech builds but they did feel harder to pull off.

I think RT is there purely for offering multiplayer functionality trough LAN. I've always been playing Arcanum in TB mode.

PS I don't think gunslingers are hopeless.

So so your guys play in RT or Turn based? I've always kept in on RT since that's the default, does changing to turn based make for example a gunslinger more viable? I've always favoured tech builds but they did feel harder to pull off.

Definitely turn-based. RT gets too chaotic once you have a few companions, and it seems to use up bullets/arrows faster too. I only switch to RT if it's against weak enemies that I need to quickly mop up.

I guess RT would be more challenging, though? It's cool that they offer both. I played with TB but if RT offers a bit more chaos and challenge I will consider trying it next time I play.

Back
Top Bottom