Dragon Age - Return to Ostagar Review

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Fansite Greywardens.com has reviewed DA: Return to Ostagar, awarding a score of 7/10:
Return to Ostagar is not about the deep emotional development of characters, nor is it about beautiful environments. It is about a tradition as old as roleplaying games themselves. It is about booting down the door, killing the monsters, and nicking their stuff. It is about loot, levels and being the biggest bad-ass you can be.
Combat is where this DLC’s excels. From the moment you enter Ostagar to the moment you leave, you are essentially in one big punch-up. Your foes are laid out in tactically advantageous positions and will often attack in waves to challenge not just your skills as a warrior, but also your resource management. While this is something so simple, it is executed in such a fashion as to avoid the constant melée becoming tedious. Be warned, however, go into some of RtO’s battles half-cocked and you may find yourself hanging with the King in a most literal sense.
More information.

Is this even available yet? Because I have absolutely no impulse control, I bought more points before finding the damned thing wasn't ready after all. Nevermind the website read as though it was, which I believe has been remedied. Sure, it was only $5.23 after tax, but every time I see my point balance and no new content to download and ember of rage burns inside.

Honestly I think I'll finish the game before it is released. DLC is one part of DA I am disappointed with. No, I am not opposed to the business model provided the original product gives a lot of gameplay (which it does in this case). I just expected more Bioware DLC than what has been released. At the same time I'm appreciative they're not churning out a bunch of buggy mini-adventures and bilking me of $5 a pop.

edit: Duh. This is what I get for not reading previous newsbits :embarrassed:. I see it is available, yet it does not appear on my available content for download. Stupid DA updater. Does it have to be bought directly through the website?

Thanks everyone, I had always limited my search after starting the game. I guess I can now look forward to redeeming those points now :)

Finally got around to getting this as well. Not sure when I'll play, but I had those 400 points set aside anyway ...

Back
Top Bottom