DA:O The Dragon Age "I Have It" Thread

Dragon Age: Origins

Badesumofu

Sentinel
I got my CE, installing now. Bricks and mortar retail store in Australia (of all places). It looks like people will be selling this as it comes in. I just popped into the store I ordered it from, and they were unpacking them, so I picked mine up.

You need 15.1 GB of space to install it, so those of you expecting this one soon, I'd make sure the space is free. You don't want to be franticly trying to free up space when you should be installing the game (like me).

Will post some impressions in a few hours.

:D

The game is running very smoothly on my laptop. Running it a 1440 x 900 with medium settings, and it's smooth. It's running better than I expected, given my GPU is a 8600M GT with a mere 256 MB of memory. The game also seems quite happy with just 2 GB of RAM on a Vista machine. It could be that it's benefitting from my processor, which is a Core 2 Duo at 2.2ghz which would still be one of the higher end laptop chips today.

So, those of you with a modest system need not worry. The game looks good and runs smoothly. I'm quite impressed with the game itself so far, but I haven't finished my origin yet so just barely scratched the surface. The controls are fairly intuitive, it seems very playable so far.

I have just completed the Magi origin.

This game is cinematic in a way I have not experienced before. It's like the difference between a TV show where all the dialouge is shot with two cameras, over one shoulder of each conversing character and a movie in which the cinematography is more creative. You'll see what I mean when you play, it really adds to the experience.

As well as that, it engages with your emotions. The characters I've met so far have been multi-dimensional and interesting. The voice acting has been excellent so far, and the characters don't just stand there and speak. They make gestures, they move around, they have expressions. They feel like real people, not like walking wikipedia terminals.

There are genuine choices, and most events seem to have different possible outcomes. Playing through the Magi origin, I felt as though I could cultivate relationships with different characters in different ways. You can solve quests in a variety of ways, and it seems that you can really shape the story in different ways, and your choices affect the outcomes of the situations you find yourself in. I can also see scope for some of these outcomes to have some real consequences down the road, but of course it remains to be seen whether this will be the case.

I am really enjoying the game so far. Combat has all been a breeze thus far. I have to admit, I like the way that health and mana regen quickly out of combat.

World seems well realised, codex is wonderful, so far this definitely seems like the game I have been waiting for since 2004. Very polished. Great controls and interface. It feels a lot like what NWN and NWN2 should have been, actually.

I'm just installing. Trying to redeem the DLC that came with the CE, is a PAIN in the you know where though!!

The game is running very smoothly on my laptop. Running it a 1440 x 900 with medium settings, and it's smooth. It's running better than I expected, given my GPU is a 8600M GT with a mere 256 MB of memory. The game also seems quite happy with just 2 GB of RAM on a Vista machine. It could be that it's benefitting from my processor, which is a Core 2 Duo at 2.2ghz which would still be one of the higher end laptop chips today.

So, those of you with a modest system need not worry. The game looks good and runs smoothly. I'm quite impressed with the game itself so far, but I haven't finished my origin yet so just barely scratched the surface. The controls are fairly intuitive, it seems very playable so far.

Awesome news - I run a laptop just a bit higher than that. Typical that it's out at retail - I opted for Steam at the last minute. Oh, well - I booked Thursday off to play it, so it's no big deal.

16 GB .... I wounder how long it will take to download this from a digital download service….

I ordered mine from the software boutique; the worker there emailed me saying the game would arrived tomorrow, or at least on Thursday.

Thanks Badesumofu for the early impression.

Will be getting my copy on Friday as well, absolutely thrilled about DA... i keep telling my self to be patient.

My ISP shows a total of 9.9Gb today including everything else I have done, so it isn't 16Gb. Took me about 4 hours but my ISP has a Steam mirror.

thats pronly the unpacked size, 16gig install is not unreasonable .... Cant wait to pick up my CE on friday morning :D

I would be able to get my copy on Thursday, but unfortunately I have some important late-night meetings to attend to Wednesday-Friday. I won't be able to play untill Friday (late, about 21-22 in the evening). Very frustrating!

I have completed all the achievements in Journeys, so I'll get some free items there. Wonder where and when in the game we get recieve the items?

Friday... friday... friday.............. I hate friday.
My CE will be delivered on friday.
Sometime it's so difficult to be Italian........

Walking over to pick up my copy when the gamestop opens in 90 minutes.

I'm very jealous! I don't have the pc to run Dragon Age: Origins, so I have to wait until I can go buy a pc. That'll probably be on the 10th or a little later. Everybody here will have a week's headstart on me :(

Mine is on the UPS truck on it's way here! I've kinda slept on Dragon Age a bit, because of its long development time. Now this release has sort of crept up on me!

Can't believe we might be in for another BG2 experience.

Back
Top Bottom