NWN2 NWN2 Mod Recommendations

Neverwinter Nights 2

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
Staff Member
OK, I realise it's still early days and there's really not much out there yet, but I wanted to start an ongoing thread where people could write about any NWN2 mods they had tried. CM and I have taken one for a spin called The Final Journey which is a H&S only mod designed for level 18-20 chars and most importantly, it's MP, so several can join in the fun. It's nothing special, but it does give you a chance to play your 'end' NWN2 char in a H&S campaign with a few of your friends. There is no plot/story worth mentioning, but the critters can be a challenge and it offers an opportunity to try out the MP version of the game. Hopefully, more to come!!

There is no plot/story worth mentioning, but the critters can be a challenge and it offers an opportunity to try out the MP version of the game. Hopefully, more to come!!

I know some folks on the Bioware forums have bemoaned the current state of mod'ing in NWN2. But, in reality, we are at a similar place where we were at NWN1 four to five mos. after release. Which means, we will initially see a number of pen-and-paper conversions and linear H&S, as these are easiest/fastest to pull together. With the exception of Adam Miller's Shadowlords (and Adam's soon-to-be-released NWN2 epic), no one was really attempting to simulate the work of the Original Campaign within the first year after release. That came later... and eventually, perhaps, eclipsed the worth of the OC's in total.

So, I think we are in a similar place to where we were... except ultimately better off, as we have a lot to build on from the first toolset. I know of some potent projects currently in production that will really bring NWN2 to the fore late 2007/early 2008, which would be right on schedule with when the creme in the NWN1 mod scene really rose to the surface.

Btw, I haven't tried the updated Tragedy in Tragidor yet in NWN1 or NWN2. Any recommendations from others here? This mod has gotten a lot of press, including a recent write-up in Computer Games magazine.

Peter has played it, but since it's not MP, I haven't bothered. I played the original several years ago!!

Hack and Slash - Modules with nearly no Story and only Fighting. I.e. Diablo is a Hack & Slash Game :)

That and I'm too lazy to type more characters than I need to!! :)

I just played The Birthday by Zach Holbrook and whole heartily can recommend it. It's a short single player module which you can play through in about an hour. The overall quality of the mod impressed me and I found the story (originating from Grimm's tales) interesting.

Unfortunately, there's nothing much coming through in the way of MP mods. Dark Waters, which was originally advertised as MP, has now been re-listed as SP. Good mod, but quite different from what you might expect.

Tragedy in Tragidor looks good. I haven't done much with it as yet. Other players posted they played it as MP with little problem.

I only played the NWn1 version in MP, but we did it with a DM back in the 'old days'!! :)

Outstanding mods (stand alone)
1) Tragidore
2) The Birthday
3) P&P conversion of "Keep on the Borderlands"

Outstanding mods part of a series:
1) Pool of Radience Remastered

Unfortunately, there's nothing much coming through in the way of MP mods. Dark Waters, which was originally advertised as MP, has now been re-listed as SP. Good mod, but quite different from what you might expect.

Corwin,

I too love MP, and I have found that you can actaully play fairly well the Single Player games with friends. I have played the SP Tragidore and the SP The Birthday as MP with no significant problems. Same is true of Pool ofRadience Remastered! And the developers for the Planscape Mod also think you wil be able to play through MP, though perhaps with the occasional hiccup.

Tauschitz

Thanks, our group might try those. MP with friends is why I enjoy the NWN experience, despite my review!! :)

Hope this is the right place for this, as I was so frustrated being forced to play with the MotB's new armor changes the first run and after looking found 2 interesting Mods I am going to try.

One reverts all the heads and returns to the best looking Female aromor in the game, Warlock outfit.
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2HakpaksOriginal.Detail&id=228

Second, allows Customized Tinting of Armors.
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2HakpaksCombined.Detail&id=2

Have fun, storming the castle! :)

Back
Top Bottom