Witcher 3 - Dev Video, First Screens

I probably won't buy on release and will wait for enhanced or whatever it will be.

I'm actually rather tired of dlc and enhanced editions even if its free. I buy all these games for $50-$60 and then I'm afraid to play them because I know they'll be dlc or enhanced edition 6-12 months later and I don't want to miss the extra content but I also don't have the time to replay every game 3-4 times. By the time all the content is released the game can be had for 1/2 to 1/4 the price and I regret my full price purchase.

I want to support my favorite dev's with a day 1 purchase but I don't want to support buying a game and the waiting a year for the complete version.

Sad thing is, I was pretty excited about the potential of dlc when it first started coming out. They could add real gameplay enhancing content, I thought. For example add 10 classes,25 monsters, more skills, better AI and increased difficulty levels or a 3-5 hour focused and amazing quest that adds elements that weren't released in the game. Unfortunately that hasn't happen for the most part.

I was a habitual day 1 buyer and now I'm considering waiting 6 mo to a year. I don't think this was the developers desired effect with dlc, I wonder if enough people will start to feel this way to actually affect the dev's pocketbook.

Well spoken, I feel exactly the same

Disappointing screens IMO. It looks like a current gen game in high res.

Current gen games on high res wont give you that image depth.

Nevertheless, due to the nature of graphics art, the more you close photo realism state, the less you improve each time.

This feeling of graphics stalling will become more and more common.

Well, for something like The Witcher 3 - I'm not going to wait. I can't wait.

As much as I'd prefer a complete version, we do have a certain pleasure threshold built-in - and I don't think the additional content of the EE will be such that an experience without it will be significantly inferior. More than likely, it will be a minor upgrade in terms of the overall experience.

While I do hate DLC - I don't think I'd prefer games to remain entirely static. Let them improve and expand - and there will come a time when the game can be experienced again with the new stuff.

Even without DLC - we've always had patches or expansions. Many of those changed the experience significantly - or even entirely. So, it's nothing new to have to accept that games are not written in stone.

The only change is that the illusion of a pure experience is much less powerful.

Disappointing screens IMO. It looks like a current gen game in high res.

That is because those screenshot where taken with a current gen rendered (the same one used in the Witcher 2). They aren't done yet with their new one yet. This mean that the game could look quite different in 6 months from here.

Back
Top Bottom