Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Now Available

Had a chance to play a bit. You have a hub area where you can get (or not) missions and some side-missions, most with optional objectives, but it does not feel all that different from original. Slightly less linear, but not impressively so. Story is still quite fun, and the dialogues are good.
However, neither interface or combat has been improved, and it seems there is more combat now. Or maybe it just feels like that because of how boring it is. I like turn based combat, but you lack options, and the interface is frustrating, which doesn't help.

Worst of all, game is a buggy mess. You can finish a quest one way, and still have conversation as if you chose other option. Dialogue is wrongly described (e.g. option that is locked because you need skill A at 3. But you have skill A at 3). Once I was supposed as a side quest leave some guy alive, and I let him escape, only to have every NPC talk to me as if I killed him. Got stuck and had to alt-f4 when got booted from matrix. Etc, etc.

Wouldn't recommend right now.

Worst of all, game is a buggy mess. You can finish a quest one way, and still have conversation as if you chose other option. Dialogue is wrongly described (e.g. option that is locked because you need skill A at 3. But you have skill A at 3). Once I was supposed as a side quest leave some guy alive, and I let him escape, only to have every NPC talk to me as if I killed him. Got stuck and had to alt-f4 when got booted from matrix. Etc, etc.

Wouldn't recommend right now.

Where you playing the Steam version? While I haven't completed my first play through yet I played through several of the optional runs, and I've only encountered one such bug so far.. I'm playing the GoG version, so I wonder if the Steam version might be more buggy for some reason. ( I think I may have read someone in the KS comments saying they got an earlier build and couldn't get Steam to update to the current version, so maybe that's what's going on). Also saw a thread on the SR forums talking about workarounds which seemed to apply to the Steam version only.

Anyway, I have been really enjoying it so far but I do agree that it isn't extremely non-linear. So far seems like I have choice between 2-3 missions at any given time. I do really like what they've done with the missions though where you have more choices over how to complete them; decking skills seem more useful too. However, consider some people are apparently experiencing more bugs it might be advisable to wait for a patch or two… Although like I said, I've only encountered one such instance myself so perhaps only the Steam version is wonky.

I encountered some bugs in GoG version, nothing game breaking but they where annoying.I would also recommend waiting for patch or 2.

As for Dragonfall itself it's better than oc.It's less linear, there are side quests now(true side quests with their own instances unlike oc),and there are more NPCs you can chat with.And huge plus for me are consistent party members which are well written, mercenaries without any personalty or interaction where big minus for me in oc, they are still there but you can just use your party that works for free.

Where you playing the Steam version? While I haven't completed my first play through yet I played through several of the optional runs, and I've only encountered one such bug so far.. I'm playing the GoG version, so I wonder if the Steam version might be more buggy for some reason. ( I think I may have read someone in the KS comments saying they got an earlier build and couldn't get Steam to update to the current version, so maybe that's what's going on). Also saw a thread on the SR forums talking about workarounds which seemed to apply to the Steam version only.

I have steam version (because I got SR on Steam too, when released). Some of the bugs are not big deal, I can just ignore additional conversation options, but some are rather annoying when causing you to fail a optional mission (and you only learn afterwards, as it looked good in the mission), or with conversation options remaining locked.

Back
Top Bottom