ATOM RPG - Early Access on November 28

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The ATOM RPG will be availble as Early Access version tomorrow:

ATOM RPG is a post-apocalyptic indie game, inspired by classic CRPGs: Fallout, Wasteland, System Shock, Deus Ex, Baldur's Gate and many others.

In 1986 both the Soviet Union and the Western Bloc were destroyed in mutual nuclear bombings. You are one of the survivors of the nuclear Holocaust. Your mission - to explore the wild and wondrous world of the Soviet Wasteland. To earn your place under the sun. And to investigate a shadowy conspiracy, aimed at destroying all that is left of life on Earth.

ATOM is:

• A powerful character creation tool, aimed at making the wasteland hero you want to portray!
  • A balanced roleplaying system inspired by GURPS. Each stat combination provides a unique gaming experience, unique dialogues, and new ways to solve some of the quests!
  • Dozens of skills, from lockpicking to gambling!
  • Many hours of gameplay on all sorts of locations. Meet the other survivors in a brave new settlement, built from the dust of the old world. Venture into the wilds, where mutated creatures and savage bandits lurk. Work out the secrets of an old military bunker. Or simply lose yourself, fishing at a scenic pond...
  • Turn-based combat, inspired by Fallout 1 and 2.
  • Random encounters with the dwellers of the Soviet Wasteland - both friendly and dangerous. Sometimes all at the same time...
  • Many deep, multiple-choice dialogues that feel like real conversations with the unique NPCs of the game.
  • Nonlinear gameplay! Dozens of quests, each with many alternative solutions. Play the game like You want to!
More information.

This seems really interesting, I´ll certainly give it a shot tomorrow. If it can actually live up to the presentation & promise, which sounds a bit like inspiration from a lot of great games all in a METRO/STALKER kind of setting, then it could be absolutly superb.

Was already on the wishlist. Looks very promising. Iirc the team is from Latvia, which bodes well in regards of uncompromising gameplay.
No time to jump in right now, but if impressions are not desasterous I will definitely get it at some point.

I would appreciate if one of you writes about the game here, once you've tried it :D

I backed this so I'm guessing I have a key waiting somewhere? Might try it out for a bit.

Will this be any better than all of the other Fallout clones that have come out from the former USSR? They've been a dime a dozen for years and so far everyone of them has lacked something, no matter how much they they say their game is like Fallout. I hope it is good, but I'm wait and see.

Watched the Lets Play posted in the other thread. This game looks good. Actually it looks better than any similar game since the original Fallout. This will be something I do pick up somewhere down the line.

If anyone floats me a key, I'll play and review. The steam reviews sound mostly positive, but they all mention that the early access has very little content right now. That's why people aren't jumping on the bandwagon yet. You can't have an rpg with less than 30-40 hours even in EA and do well.

Tom Aspen backed it, so perhaps he'll do the review of the EA. Tomas Pen, perhaps?

Tom Aspen backed it, so perhaps he'll do the review of the EA. Tomas Pen, perhaps?

Yeah, I'll try it out for a couple of hours and post my impressions. The nick is actually a play with Tomas Petrén (the letter 3 is tre in Swedish), but since I changed my name when I got married I would actually like to change my username. At least on this forum which is the only one I really care about…

Last edited:
Im so confused. Didn't Britney Spear spend her days singing in stockholm ?

Well, with that comment you made me confused, so that makes two of us...

Back
Top Bottom