Shaker - Update #9, The World of Antera

Dhruin

SasqWatch
It was a while coming but Brenda Brathwaite and Tom Hall's Shaker Kickstarter has a new update with a map of the world of Antera and some examples of major locations. An example:
Connelly (or whoever you customize as your main character) and team find themselves on a world they've visited before, but only in a narrow sense, under strict orders. Now they will be required to explore it more deeply to find out what happened...and if there is the possibility of any way home. If not, it's time to settle in and find their place in this new world!
This area is Blade Sector, the second sector in the way Shaker operatives have divided up this world and its primary inhabitation sites. Sector names are based on locally familiar words, so that an off-mention will not sound strange. Anvil Sector is inhabited, but is not near the Delta Node on Antera.
Here are a few highlighted places in the area the game will take place in:
THE HUB CITY: LOKE
Loke is a beautiful city on the water, a thriving city for trade and a meeting place for all races. This has been the team's first stop on all their missions.
FELAIRN FOREST: THE SURVIVORS
Living in Rhun-Daar, the humanoid race of the Paldor are survivors of a great onslaught of creatures from Darkling Crag. They won the war, but at a dear loss to their population. Those remaining have an intense mistrust of strangers.
More information.

Betrayal at Krondor, betrayal at Antera... No, it was Antara.

Each new update of (boobs?) shaker I'm less and less inclined to back it. I bet it's Romero who's writing those updates.

Is this project still going ahead? The Kickstarter is already a lost cause.

Well, I backed it, but there's no way the current Kickstarter goes through. I'm hoping/assuming they have a plan B.

maybe if they can convince Project Eternity to back them up (so they send a message to all their followers or something)

They could just do more prep work and try another KS campaign. No rule against trying again, as far as I know.

It looks promising. But, their mistake was not builing up to the KS campaign. It just appeared out of no where with no information about the game. It wasn't until a few days into the campaing that they started to release some news.

Last edited:
They've been standing still on KS for a week. I don't see how they could make it. A shame really, I want this game.

Loot Drop said:
Okay, folks, definitely working on updates, large and small, which will tell you more about the game, the world, and all. Yes, are working on two other internal projects, but want to get you folks as much detail as we can!
(italics added by me)
Hm.

maybe if they can convince Project Eternity to back them up (so they send a message to all their followers or something)

They did back it, a week ago. Look at their backed projects. Also Tim Schaefer and a few others have endorsed it too. It says something that they aren't able to capitalize on these endorsements. They'll probably have move luck with a better planned re-launch.

They're obviously too busy making a Facebook game about kitten farmers to focus on the $1m they are expecting people to pony up.

So… I take it no PayPal option? I prefer to minimize my attack surface area. (Yes that also means I wouldn't contribute until after it is successful, alas.) :)

I heard the Kickstarter went belly up….maybe they found out how not to do it, lol. I'm sure a thousand excuses will be issued soon.

-Carn

Well what a positive response that is.

Back
Top Bottom