Skyrim Tips & Spoilers Thread

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
So far there were three things I've heard in the game but couldn't solve. Perhaps there will be more of those, but when I find them, I'll post.
1. Find some women in Winterhold
2. Apprentice mages from the guild disappeared (one was interesred in flames, one in frost and twins in illusion)
3. Where's Svidi?

And I've found the one from the point #3!
Svidi is working at Ivarstad Inn

So far there were three things I've heard in the game but couldn't solve. Perhaps there will be more of those, but when I find them, I'll post.
1. Find some women in Winterhold
2. Apprentice mages from the guild disappeared (one was interesred in flames, one in frost and twins in illusion)
3. Where's Svidi?

And I've found the one from the point #3!
Svidi is working at Ivarstad Inn

Saadia? Something like that?

For smithing, you can keep making iron daggers till lvl 100. Cheapest way to get there.

But is smithing really worth it?
You practically get yourself a few character levels that'd bring harder enemies, how will smithing mastery help you with that?
Ok, you may go for enchanting too and make some difference with that, but then again, you could have go with enchanting only, right?

I think the majority of decent items that I've found so far are for mages, a few good robes and a hat or 3. Don't remember the stats offhand but I do recall they looked decent, and by far the most overpowered items in the game are staves. Honestly, very very overpowered. Maybe on my next toon I'll get to use some of them!!!

-Carn

But is smithing really worth it?
You practically get yourself a few character levels that'd bring harder enemies, how will smithing mastery help you with that?
Ok, you may go for enchanting too and make some difference with that, but then again, you could have go with enchanting only, right?

From what I'm seeing your skills matter a lot more than the quality of your equipment.

You saying I'll blast the dragon without sweating if I up my smithing to level 100, pickpocket to 90 and lockpicking to 80? Oh and probably there is a special bonus if my speech is over 50…
Somehow that's hard to believe, sorry. Till I see some proof, I'll stick to steel plate and ebony equipment with resistance enchantments.

The combination of 100 enchanting/smithing will gain you quite a few levels. Then again, you'll be able to make items that trivialize most fights, especially due to enchanting. Putting two enchants on an item is very useful.

Enchanting is one of the best skills, I agree with that one completely. And it levels really fast - by disenchanting.

Just finished Bard's college 4 quests… And seems that's about it…

The good:
By solving all 4 quests (first find a lost verse then retrieve 3 items on separate locations) I've found yet another Barenziah's stone and now I need only 7 more of those, plus now all my skills are +1! Yup, the rewards are skills +1!

The bad:
I can't drop retrieved instruments for some reason! Ok… I'm a bard now so… Maybe I can play on them? Again - no! They're useless. Oh, should I mention that I can't learn any of bard songs in the game although I'm a bard? No, can't learn even the instrumental I've seen played only by a bard in the first town Inn (Whiterun).

DLC?
Anything about the flute in Crixus' museum? Or it's there just as a decoration?

Saadia? Something like that?

No. Saadia is actually the person I'm looking in point #1 (mixed the town, it wasn't Winterhold, but Whiterun). And she is in Whiterun, however to find her and get the correct talking option…
You must enter the Mare Inn in Whiterun during the night!

Which leaves me now only one mystery unsolved and that's where did mage's guild apprentices dissapear. But there are so many locations on the map still unopened... I hope to find them.

Which leaves me now only one mystery unsolved and that's where did mage's guild apprentices dissapear. But there are so many locations on the map still unopened… I hope to find them.

Where abouts are you in the mage guild quests? There are several points where they will leave the guild, once complete though they will return.

Daniel.

Huh? No… It's not about those apprentices… You're talking about apprentices that follow you into Saarthal ruins to help investigation, later all of them return to the guild and each gives you a quest and by solving those you get those apprentices as possible followers.

However, when I was talking to everyone in the guild one of mages there told me that there were 4 apprentices that dissapeared.
Anyway I've solved everything available there and I'm an archmage. What I didn't solve yet definetly there, except those missing apprentices, are four things:

1. Arcana Restored book - I have it in my inventory, but because of the bug (looted it before I received the quest) can't give it back to Urag

2. Behind Urag there are many library "containers" that can be opened only with a key - didn't get that key anywhere

3. There is a missing part on Atronach conjuring machine - dunno where to get that thing but the machine works even without it

4. There is some gauntlet with oblivion mark on it in the "sewers" there, dunno what to do with that one although I've tried clicking on different fingers, however the diary I've found nearby states some fingers were removed, perhaps I'll find them later

btw, I've hit level 40. And none of my skills is on 100 yet. :( But I've found some new quests as rumors in Inns, so it's possible all of those unsolved things will be able to solve now. ;)

EDIT: I've checked my College of Winterhold solved quests in general stats - it says I've solved 15 quests there.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm the Archmage to, I haven't been given any quest to find apprentices though.

Daniel.

It's not a quest. While you're talking to mages you hear apprentices are gone missing. As you've seen above also, there is no quest for the atronach summon "machine" but it's still there. And it's working! Only it lacks of an item to add to it. ;)

How do you enchant an item to give 25% reduction in a certain school? I have 80 enchanting with 5/5 Enchanter perk and Insightful Enchanter and I am also using the proper gems. Is there a trick to getting from 23% that I can do now to 25% or even more?

Back
Top Bottom