View Single Post

May 5th, 2013, 00:08
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Everquest 1 and 2 are both alive and doing well. I've played a few online games, and none do it quite as well as these two have. I still raid in EQ2, Sony briefly dabbled with the toilet that is social bullcrap but they quickly backed off a few years ago, and the game has improved for it. Warcraft held my interest for 5 days, EQ has had me since 1998.

-Carn
I just started playing EQ2 and so far I'm very impressed. It's really done well. However, I'm not sure if I would subscribe because I'm a LOTRO VIP, and the 2 games are extremely similar. I will definitely play it more though and see how it goes. So far so good.

As for MMO stories, it's easy to do a personal story for your character. Why would you assume that every player in the game world is soulless, or the "chosen one"? Of course, technically they are, but the stories are crafted in a way that shows YOU are the only chosen one. You'll never see an NPC tell you there's hundreds of Gandalfs running around or anything. You might see other players killing some wolves, but there's never any conflict in the personal story and that of the story of others. So it's pretty simple to suspend your disbelief and enjoy a personal story as if it were a single player game, really.

Deleted User

Mentioned: Post(s)