View Single Post

May 5th, 2013, 01:41
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
I'm not sticking around watching others - it's just the kind of thing that will happen.

I don't go turning in each quest as I complete it, I tend to complete all quests at once and THEN return. Which means this kind of thing happens quite often.

True.

You're probably pretty good at not seeing these things in general. I have that feeling about you

I guess that depends on how much I'm enjoying something. If I like what I'm playing I'm more forgiving of it's faults, I guess.

Nah, it's not that big of a deal. You must understand, I've played MMOs for at least 15 years - and I've seen the genre evolve and devolve.

I consider this kind of thing a relatively minor issue - and I think the people most bothered by it are the people with the least experience playing MMOs. The same kind of people who resist playing because it used to be subscription only - and who suck so bad at math they think it's a bad deal even if you enjoy the game

You get used to these things - but they don't go away entirely. Not for me, anyway.

Yeah, I'm pretty used to it in LOTRO, so it doesn't bother me much.

The more emphasis they put on the player as the key in the story - the worse it gets. Some games solve it by putting everything story-related in instances where no other player can participate - like they did in SWtOR, but it still doesn't quite work.

Hmm, I haven't really experienced this. Again, I can only speak for LOTRO, but I feel the story is executed well in that game, and there is a large emphasis on you being the hero who is doing everything, etc. I guess that means they've done a good job with LOTRO in this regard. If they'd have done a poor job crafting the story, then I would probably understand more where you're coming from here.

I honestly feel the story aspect of LOTRO is just as strong as any single-player RPG I've ever played. I don't feel any sacrifice in story quality playing LOTRO, but I do feel a huge increase in quantity, which is an added bonus, really.

LOTRO is one of the better MMOs - even despite the many flaws.

I have many issues with the game, but I won't dwell on them. No reason to drag it down when you're enjoying it so much

Eh, it won't really bother me. I would be curious to read your thoughts on LOTRO, though. If you feel like posting them then go for it
Responses in bold.

Deleted User

Mentioned: Post(s)