Biomutant - Update 1.4 Changes Core Systems

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A recent patch for Biomutant has updated many of the games core systems.

BIOMUTANT Post-release Patch 1.4 01/06/21

Here is the full changelog for the patch that we just launched, the entire patch will roll out on PC first and then Consoles as soon as possible due to the submission process and so on, will ofc give an update when it is launched there.

As always do feel free to come to discuss these changes on the official discord here - Biomutant discord

PC Specific

● Fixed crash with AMD-based CPUs with built-in graphics.
● Fixed crash when device info contains invalid display data on AMD-based CPUs.

Tutorial Area

In order to improve the pacing of the early parts of the game, we've edited dialogues to be shorter. We've also added more enemies and loot to these areas to better represent the experience later in the game.

● Added more early enemy encounters.
● Added missing loot in empty trenches outside Jagni Fortress.
● Added Item drop chance for Bunker 101 crates.
● Updated Best-Before memory to decrease the distance between the Nonos and the Pensai tree.
● Removed some parts of Out-of-Date and Best-Before's dialogues to improve pacing.
● Removed multiple dialogue fragments to shorten tutorial area length.
● Removed some parts of Goop and Gizmo's dialogues to improve pacing.
● Removed multiple camera presentations to improve pacing.

Dialogue & Narrator

● Reduced the amount of gibberish spoken before the Narrator starts translating.
● Added dialogue setting toggles for "Gibberish" and "Narrator" allowing players to select if they want to hear the narrator, the gibberish or both when talking to NPCs.
● Fixed narration and gibberish playing silently and producing an awkward pause when each corresponding volume setting is set to 0 instead of skipping the sound entirely.
● Removed the text delay animation when either gibberish or narration is disabled.

Difficulty Settings

● Added "Extreme" difficulty setting, where enemy damage and attack rate is further increased.
● Fixed difficulty settings not being applied for already spawned enemies.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Extreme difficulty is just more damage? Sounds more like annoying difficulty.

It was very annoying to hear first gibberish, and then narrator, it was obviously taking too long. Also, the game was too easy. Those are attempts of developers to fix the flaws.
Anyway, it's still too expensive for what it is. They did not fix this major flaw.

I'm more interested to see how many copies the game sold since release. Since reviews are all over the place, and the majority of the internet has labeled the game a failure.

Apparently the feedback was "we don't like dialogue"

It's how the dialogue was presented and the pacing of it. I can understand why a lot of people didn't like it. I only played for a couple of hours and it was already getting on my nerves.

Although it kinda piqued my interest with trailers before release, now its not on my personal list of games-to-play-in-near-future. At least there is that other game with raccoon hero, which took the place instead.

Back
Top Bottom