PoE2 Deadfire tips/help thread

Pillars of Eternity II
"PST Morte" was in POE1 White March part 2…

I'm personally using a pet that reduce armor recovery on my character and gives +~17HP/kill to everyone in the party but I started the game with 20 perception (skald needs crits).

It was. But it wasn't as grumpy as is here. :D

Sadly most of them are plain trash.
You'll probably use one with +1 perception most of the game. For certain soulbound weapon you'll definetly use +2 resolve one. Lategame you'll have PST Morte or overgrown imp for fun - I'm avoiding spoilers on those two, just equip one of 'em and watch the banter.

I am using the +1 perception one.

Highest lock I've seen so far was 19, although the key was on the witch. But since you don't get XP if you use keys, I picked that lock before taking the key. You didn't mention that you can permanently raise one of your attributes at that spot. Which attrib you'll take? Well, since you won't be using +1 peception pet any more but Morte or Imp…

You get +1 attribute where? Must have missed it.

Hints: witches, encrypted note, locked person, cauldron, north.

Hints: witches, encrypted note, locked person, cauldron, north.

Yeah, I didn't quite miss it, I just didn't bother. I though you were saying it's in the trap dungeon down southwest.

You mean the one with 4 aoe damaging pillars on the left and 4 chains to prove that p matters in rtwp on the right? Nah, that one nets you only equipment (and a "consumable" you can pull from a skull you looted).

Patch day!

Follow the link to see what is patched.

This is a spoiler on Obsidian's idiocy of linking games in between. Already stated I hate the whole thing they did. Giant adra statue, okay with me. But everything else? Gimme a break. It's not the damned expansion! Or it is?

At certain point of the game you'll be asked to forge an alliance in order to reach a lost island.
Do not ally with any of three Neketaka city factions. Going forward with any of those three factions will make one of your companions permanently gone!
What's even more retarded is the companion leaves you even if you romance them. For example leaves just because you blew up the gunpowder storage. Is that supposed to be a joke?
Thus side either with pirates or go there on your own.

If Obsidian didn't link companions presence between Eternity 1 and Eternity 2, I wouldn't write this. You don't want companions not being there in Eternity 3 just because dunno who at Obsidian thought it's an awsome idea to include some and remove others.

Last edited:
I started this, reached netekaka or whatever is called; any fix for the loading times? i can watch a tv show episode til it loads :(. I remember in the first one, the more you played the longer it took to load; im scared of how much it will take near the end in this one :lol:

I figure I've waited long enough for patches to at least get started on a playthrough of Deadfire. After much indecision I've finally settled on playing Seer (Cipher/Ranger) with the Ascendant and Ghost Heart subclasses.

But now I can't get started as I'm wracked with indecision once again -- this time about my choice of weapon proficiencies. I'm primarily interested in Focus generation to trigger the Ascended state as soon as possible, but DPS matters for its own sake too.

What's the weapon to go with here? I was thinking of starting fights with Arbalest and then switching to warbow or hunting bow. Good choice?

(I understand Arbalest will give somewhat less damage than Arquebus for my opening strike, but since this character will be focused on crowd control, I like the extra knockback and daze effect from the Arbalest.)

Finished the first on saturday so started this next; got a ssd especially for it and from 3-4 minute loadings on hdd to 10-15 seconds on ssd hahaha. Btw i keep getting an error sometimes ""There was an error loading the next map. Returned to Main Menu to prevent save game corruption." . From what i googled lots of ppl get it and there is no fix yet. Now by loading the game, works again if i get that error, hopefully will be like that til the end; from what i read, there are chances you could load 100 times and still get the bug in the same place.

Can anyone please let me know how multiclass works?

I've been reading wiki, and it sounds like once you mix up two classes, you basically unlock a new class e.g. paladin + fighter = crusader. Is there no other requirements?

After you became crusader, do you just level up as crusader and can't put in extra levels into paladin or fighter or any other classes like in D&D/Pathfinder?

Also, any recommendations for fun multiclass?

Can anyone please let me know how multiclass works?

I've been reading wiki, and it sounds like once you mix up two classes, you basically unlock a new class e.g. paladin + fighter = crusader. Is there no other requirements?

After you became crusader, do you just level up as crusader and can't put in extra levels into paladin or fighter or any other classes like in D&D/Pathfinder?

Also, any recommendations for fun multiclass?

The only disadvantage of multiclassing is that you don't get access to the final two tiers of powers of either class. Multiclassing seems like a no-brainer, really.

I personally GREATLY enjoyed the Street Fighter Rogue + Marauder Barbarian.

While I prefer Kingmaker in terms of mechanics and multiclassing - I think Pillars 2 is better in terms of story delivery, gameplay focus and overall presentation.

Really, it's a blessed time to be a fan of this kind of archaic throwback genre.

The only disadvantage of multiclassing is that you don't get access to the final two tiers of powers of either class. Multiclassing seems like a no-brainer, really.

I personally GREATLY enjoyed the Street Fighter Rogue + Marauder Barbarian.

Does it mean you level up as both base classes at once (rogue and barbarian) rather than whatever the multi class of rogue + barbarian is called?

Does it mean you level up as both base classes at once (rogue and barbarian) rather than whatever the multi class of rogue + barbarian is called?

As I recall, you level up in both at the same time - but you have to distribute the same amount of points between two classes rather than just one.

I'm pretty sure singleclassing would be gimping yourself in 9 out of 10 cases.

But I haven't played it quite enough to be sure about that.

Sadly, there's a cap of two classes.

It's sort of a half-assed system, though. It's - by far - not as well thought out as D&D multiclassing.

Well, it felt like that to me, anyway. For instance, there was something off about the amount of active powers that made some of them feel rather redundant.

Hmmm, I see. I'm just doing a bit of research - I will eventually pick it up (was tempted to during this Steam sale but still ted too expensive for my liking) so I'm just trying to flare up my interest more. Not sure whether I should stick to what I like (battlemage, crusader, cleric etc) or do something I don't usually play (druid, monk, chanter, cipher mix).

Hmmm, I see. I'm just doing a bit of research - I will eventually pick it up (was tempted to during this Steam sale but still ted too expensive for my liking) so I'm just trying to flare up my interest more. Not sure whether I should stick to what I like (battlemage, crusader, cleric etc) or do something I don't usually play (druid, monk, chanter, cipher mix).

I tend to stick with what I like. I did try a few combinations, though - including a rogue/monk and a rogue/cipher.

They really upped their game when it comes to powers. A lot more active powers than what you find in Kingmaker, for example - which is mostly passive powers (apart from spells).

But I find the two games are different enough to not feel overly similar.

I'm not sure what "powers" do in Deadfire (sounds like extra resource required for class specific abilities?) but I certainly enjoyed hell out of Kingmaker skills and abilities. I don't think you were far into Kingmaker yet?

In any rate, good to hear you are enthused over Deadfire - let's see if I end up enjoying it too :)

Back
Top Bottom