DA:O Sloth Demon (Spoilers)

Dragon Age: Origins

RivianWitch

Keeper of the Watch
The $%^&%^&* thing keeps killing me… (The demon that sits in the middle of those islands, that keeps you in a dream state during the mage's circle tower quest)

Did anyone else find him difficult to beat? Have any strategy tips? Whether I fight him as a golem, burning man, or myself, he kills me. He even sees me in mouse form so there's no escape to recuperate..

There are a couple of lyrium nodes iirc, use that to rocover your other mages mana. Honestly he wasnt that hard. :S

I'm using them, but the thing keeps rejuvenating itself. We've killed him about 4 times already, and he has now popped up with full health for the fifth time…. :(

I was just wondering if there is an end to him, if I'm maybe doing something wrong, that he keeps respawning. I thought maybe there's a trick to it.. - like the Kikimore queen in TW.

Thanks anyway.

EDIT - Ah, looks like I should have just held on a bit longer… fifth time lucky, and I finally got him! :biggrin:

Last edited:
You basically have to kill him in the form of each of his five surrounding "wards".

I also swapped between forms as appropriate to his form!!

I killed him in normal and did not use any forms. Spam healing from Wynne for the Win :)

I'm in the Fade now, I've unlocked all the areas, and I'm ready to fight the Sloth demon.

I have to say, I didn't much care for this section of DA at all. I've never been a big fan of dream-like sequences in games, and this was no different. I also think they went a little overboard with all the permanent stat boosters in this area. I wish there was a way for other members of the party to use them, not just the player character.

I am alse at this sequence now. After doing another lengthy fighing episode
Branka (it was pure willpower and absolutly no fun getting throw the deep roads). And now, yet again i redo the same level again and again
in this game (33 hours in) this is starting to irritate me. I think i need to take a rest.

I sighed when i saw the map. Those Fade moments are really not helping. However, it was the first time i really tried to control my fighter by using his moves. That was fun the first two ilands.

Well, good to see there are hints already if i try to fight the game again.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of these dream-like sequences too but

I thought it was pretty interesting to play solo with my main char and using the different forms. At least, it's different...

Basically every "classic" games have such, so I guess that's good sign!

C'mon, guys, those
shapes you get to change into
, are fun, fun fun.
I especially enjoyed the burning man and his ability to walk through fire, and hurling those cool fireballs. In fact, I used any little excuse to turn into Mr Fire-man… :biggrin:
Also, I got rather sad that Wynne comes with the "eartquake/stone line of spells instead of the fireballs - the earthquake is not half as much fun as those fireballs. :p

I liked the Fade quite a bit, myself. Being able to change form made for a good change of pace. This whole business of putting a poor, innocent sloth in the role of demon is terribly evil, though. I'm afraid I'm going to ahve to boycott this game after I finish playing it. ;)

I just wish they allowed you to take your companions to the other islands, and to be able to choose who gets those stat bonuses.

I loved this section; it was different and creative, not to mention fun!!

Keep in mind that you can get a ton of permanent stat upgrades if you know where to look, and you use the forms correctly. After getting all forms, do a thorough search, especially using Mouse and Spirit to find secret places. Explore every spirit door and every mouse hole..

I just wish they allowed you to take your companions to the other islands, and to be able to choose who gets those stat bonuses.

I loved the area! specially the semi-tactical use of all your ... dream options. But I do agree they went overboard with the stat bonuses. I would have preferred about half of them (basically, maybe 1 per stat)

Keep in mind that you can get a ton of permanent stat upgrades if you know where to look, and you use the forms correctly. After getting all forms, do a thorough search, especially using Mouse and Spirit to find secret places. Explore every spirit door and every mouse hole..

This might sound crazy, but I actually skipped a lot of them on purpose. I used one for each stat, and left the rest of them. I didn't like the fact that only the player character was allowed to use them, and they placed so many in that area, it almost felt like cheating to me.

This might sound crazy, but I actually skipped a lot of them on purpose. I used one for each stat, and left the rest of them. I didn't like the fact that only the player character was allowed to use them, and they placed so many in that area, it almost felt like cheating to me.

I, too, left some of them deliberately, because I thought…

… that I'd later have a chance to let my other party members use them (after I'd freed them). Which isn't possible.

Yep, and when redoing this quest, after I got 5 or 6 I even felt guilty, like I was "stealing" from my own companions. Silly me. :)

The game is hopelessly unbalanced, this time in your favor:

cone of cold is the uber spell of choice. I hope you have it. Wash rinse repeat. That spell is almost as imbalanced as the cake walk crushing prison spell. You can Wash Rinse Repeat that spell for the entire fade.

Without that I don't see how you stand a chance.

Back
Top Bottom