Indie RPGs - Ballikin announced

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We've receieved news that a new indie game is in the making and it is named Ballikin. The developer states that the game is based on Minecraft, Diablo, Terraria and World of Warcraft.
The graphics of the game are in very 'old skool' 2D and it is currently in an alpha stage, so it is too early too tell if this leads anywhere, but check it out yourself to see if this might be something for you.
More information.

Minecraft, Diablo, Terraria sounds cool , WOW not so much.

But its pretty high ambition to say the truth, and no word on how feature complete the game is ?

Looking at the images I'd say drop minecraft and terraria and add dwarf fortress (that is not a dig at ballikin or dwarf fortress).

Wowza. Hello Myrthos and thanks very much for posting about Ballikin!

Honestly did not expect you to do so with such speed.

Thanks Twotricks and Bedwyr for the feedback.

One of the things I liked about WoW (and other games I'm sure, dungeon siege did this with everything) was that you had stats that increased with use (like the Mining ability).

So in Ballikin you have Harvesting and Creating (not yet implemented) Abilities. These (will) increase with use.

The link in my mind with Minecraft is simply that Minecraft was the game which showed me how very cool it is to go searching for ore and other stuff in a world that is destructible.

And Terraria .. Well, Terraria did this in 2d.

And both of them had a day/night cycle.

Dwarft Fortress. Nice!

So thanks again for the news post. And thanks for the feedback.

It's very early days.

p.s. There is a "Coming Soon" page which has some of the features I'd like to get done before going to Beta.

Perhaps it would be good to have it clearer WHAT is planned to be in the game before we go to Beta.

Thanks!

Here I played it and took notes:

Did I agree to a quick launch icon? Not sure.

I got teleported from underground back to grass.

Why my sheep ain't drop nothing?

Clicking stone 10 times fast much better than holding down and waiting ten times.

Look a desert.

Would like autopickup.

I assume lava's bad for me.

15 clicks per coal? This is starting to hurt my finger.

Oh much faster with pickaxe.

The prospect of leveling harvest to 40 seems daunting.

Ok I'm bored.

Hey there Yeesh,

Thanks very much for playing Ballikin, glad to hear your feedback!

1. The Quick-launch and Desktop shortcuts need checkboxes in the Installer. Fixed in next build.

2. You get teleported back to the center (home) of the world when you die. This'll change to your spawn point (Beds when they are put in).

3. It's Alpha. Sheep will drop things. Soon.

4. Okay. The clicking thing is good to know. I'll look to see how it can be done better.

5. Desert is pretty bare (ha, so funny) at the moment.

6. Auto-pickup used to be in there. But I wanted a more Diablo "alt" key feel going on. Might change later on.

7. Step on Lava and find out :)

8. Harvesting to 40 .. This is where balancing will continue as we go along.

9. Bored! No! Cannot be!

Thanks again for the feedback. It's very cool. Actually, yours is the first real feedback I've had apart from my kids.

There is a lot more to go into the game before it reaches Beta stage. I'm refining the list of features at the moment, they'll go up on the site soon.

Back
Top Bottom