Expeditions: Viking - Goes Gold

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Expeditions: Viking has reached its gold status and is on target for a release on the 27th of April. The cost for the game has been set as well.
To celebrate going gold, its predecessor, Expeditions: Conquistador, can be played for free, this coming weekend, on Steam.

Here is the teaser trialer:

Historical RPG 'Expeditions: Viking' Goes Gold, Price Announced

Free Weekend for Conquistador Coming Soon on Steam

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (April 20, 2017) - Logic Artists is pleased to confirm that its much-anticipated release of Expeditions: Viking is on schedule for April 27, 2017. The studio announced this morning that the Gold Version milestone has been reached.

To celebrate, Logic Artists is running a Free Weekend on Steam for its first title in the Expeditions Series - Expeditions: Conquistador on April 21 at 10 a.m. PDT.

With the game now out in the hands of the media for review access, the path is set and Expeditions: Viking will be available for purchase in stores and online next week. Logic Artists Producer Ali Emek says, "After two years of development, we are on track toward our studio's best release so far. Expeditions: Viking is now feature complete and we'll be spending the last month of development tightening the screws and polishing the release build, improving on our performance capabilities, and (with the assistance of a large community of closed beta testers) squashing the remaining bugs."

Creative Director Jonas Waever adds, "It's been a real journey, and with the positive feedback from our recent trip to PAX East and from our closed beta, we're excited to get Expeditions: Viking into our players' hands. And to celebrate the coming release of our second game in the Expeditions Series we're giving players a free weekend with Expeditions: Conquistador to get ready for Viking."

Expeditions: Viking releases April 27, 2017 and will cost 29.99 USD/29.99 EUR/24.99 GBP/499 RUB

The Deluxe Edition includes a digital artbook, the original soundtrack by award-winning composer Knut Avenstroup Haugen (Age of Conan, Lords of the Fallen), and the Blood-Ice DLC. The Deluxe Edition will cost 34.99 USD/34.99 EUR/28.99 GBP/650 RUB

More information about the game can be found on the game's Steam page.
More information.

Excited about the release - but not about the pricepoint. Seems quite high.

What does "going gold" even mean? The code is frozen? The documentation is complete? The safety deposit box is ready to include gold? The media is gold-plated?

What does "going gold" even mean? The code is frozen? The documentation is complete? The safety deposit box is ready to include gold? The media is gold-plated?
It means that the release is frozen, maybe uploaded to Steam already. In any case the version that we will play.

Excited about the release - but not about the pricepoint. Seems quite high.

Yeah, a little, but if the game has a lot of "meat" to it, and isn't short, it might be worth it.

I usually expect (hope) a game with a price point much over $15 to have a demo.

Then again, Steam gives refunds.

With today's electronic distribution and day 1 patches I don't think gold means much anymore other than they are ready for release (more of a business launch go than actual code frozen). In the old days it meant the cold was off to the distributor to mass reproduce on media :)

Expeditions: Conquistador was a great game, my personal Game of The Year 2013 and it received the Silver Medal here on RPGWatch (Granted there weren't many competitors that year).

30€ is a great price point. I Would even pay 40€ for Expeditions Conquistador in Hindsight.

And Vikings puts a little more focus on RPG-Aspects on what I can judge. The Character and Skill System is much more detailed.

Now the only question is how good the combat will feel. But I am quite optimistic.

Again some half historical approach, it's not what will rise my curiosity.

The question is if this time they'll improve the quality of the classic RPG elements, because original was very very average on those aspects and good only of expedition aspects.

Again some half historical approach, it's not what will rise my curiosity.

The question is if this time they'll improve the quality of the classic RPG elements, because original was very very average on those aspects and good only of expedition aspects.

Considering there is a character system with 5 attributes, 8 different weapon types and over 70 skills total, I am pretty sure of that. :)

It's a phrase that came from the time of vinyl records. The gold record was the master recording from while all the other records were pressed. In video game parlay, it means the release version is done and is just waiting to be distributed.

Too many games to play now. :(

What does "going gold" even mean?

Gone gold means the final launch version is complete and shipment can commence.

Its' an expression from the days of yore, back in the day before the influx of low-expectation hipsters/fakers into gaming.

I found the first game interesting but tedious.

This game is light-years ahead of the first. The production standard is MUCH higher this time round. I assure you this is better than most garbage that's out there.

Last edited:
Its' an expression from the days of yore, back in the day before the influx of low-expectation hipsters/fakers into gaming.

I assure you this is better than most garbage that's out there.

food-drink-potato-grudges-chip_on_shoulder-shoulders-chip-ktan118_low.jpg

Luj is right though. Somewhere along the line devs lost the desire in advancing startegy RPGs. This is one of the very few games in the genre that pushes the boundaries. Sure, the original may be somewhat tedious, but at least they tried a lot of new things, which is more than what i can say for a lot of devs.

Luj is right though. Somewhere along the line devs lost the desire in advancing startegy RPGs. This is one of the very few games in the genre that pushes the boundaries. Sure, the original may be somewhat tedious, but at least they tried a lot of new things, which is more than what i can say for a lot of devs.

chip_on_shoulder-shoulders-chip-ktan118_low.jpg

Back
Top Bottom