Skyrim - Named Game of The Generation

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Pixlbit has a new article that names The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Game of The Generation.

So, to address Todd Howard’s perspective, how does Skyrim make you feel? It makes you feel that the world is a massive, beautiful place that beckons you to discover and tempts you to chase the horizon. It reminds us that there is always knowledge to be learned, a tale to share, and an adventure to be had. It tells us that we write our own legend, and dares us to branch out in an effort to better know ourselves and to leave our mark in the world. Most importantly, it informs us that the answers we seek in life can often be found by simply doing what we love and immersing ourselves in a great work of art. For these reasons, and so many more, The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim stands as my undisputed Game of The Generation.
More information.

Last edited:
I don't belong to that generation.
My generation fixes broken things.

I'm 38, so my generation has long since passed. As for Skyrim, it isn't even the RPG of the generation, let alone "game" of the generation. RPG of the generation, as silly a title as it is, would belong to (If we mean the last 20 or so years) Gothic.

Skyrim is the cherry popper of this generation. Like FF7, it's that game that all the teens get their RPG cherry popped with and they think it's the greatest thing ever due to that nostalgic imprint. Which is funny, since Ultima 3 was my first RPG in 1986, and I haven't played that in over 20 years, and as much as I liked it at the time I find it woefully underwhelming now.

But hey, let the little 'uns have their fun. Kickstarter is making me a very happy CRPG'er.

After I found out I was going to be battling Dragons all the d*mn time, I moved on. It's not the game for me.

Skyrim was a good game and the only Bethesda developed game I dumped a large amount of hours into. Since they're using the last console generation as the measuring stick I can understand why it won. I'd have picked FO:NV over it personally.

Perhaps best exploration RPG of the generation.

Well maybe it's good that that they picked a game with so much potential for improvement. Sure it is a stellar game in some important ways but also it is lacking sorely in just as many or more ways. I don't think Bethesda cares to improve in those areas so any competitor should easily know what to do to kick their complacent ass.

So, just for the discussion's sake, if Witcher 3 will turn out to be a better game than Skyrim (by the majority of opinions) what will Justin call it? Game of the Next Generation?

So, just for the discussion's sake, if Witcher 3 will turn out to be a better game than Skyrim (by the majority of opinions) what will Justin call it? Game of the Next Generation?

I love Skyrim but game of the generation? I'd call it the RPG of the generation but Call of Duty should probably win game of the generation based on hours played by the fanbase.

Isn't the game of THIS generation called Angry Birds or something?

I could see that as a contender too, HiddenX. It definitely has millions of people who have played it. Way more than Skyrim since it can be played on anything.

If we are counting non-RPGs as games, then I have no good idea, but Skyrim was the best game I ever played on my 360. But I only really played RPGs much, did a bit of Bioshock and it was way alright, but yeah, go Bethesda.

Angry Birds is actually the least popular game on TNG Xbox One, just as a point of interest. Something probably about the $45 price point for the same $3 iPhone game.

It wouldn't be my personal "game of the generation", but it's still a fantastic game and a worthy winner, as it has a much broader audience than most games I play. A niche game can't really be named game of the generation.

Back
Top Bottom