I'm starting to hate november 2020

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-09-09-assassins-creed-valhalla-release-date-brought-forward

Because of xbox release date, AC vikings will be out a week earlier. So the current state of my nightmare is this:

November 2020 lineup (only those I heard about):
1 - Dust to the End
10 - AC Valhalla
13 - Yakuza 7
15 - Luckless Seven
15 - Revolution The Spark
19 - Cyberpunk 2077

Luckily, Sacred Fire was pushed to 2021…

So it's 6 games I want to play, all getting available during the same month.
Neither is supposed to be max couple of afternoons needed to finish the game.
There is simply no way I can play(through) all of them during november.

What are these developers/publishers thinking?
Should I quit my job just to get enough time for everything?

I want to play AC, Yakuza 7 and Cyberpunk 2077 out of that list, which is bad enough given their length. But my solution is simple: November is for Cyberpunk, and I'll play those others in December/January when very little else comes out. The bigger question for me is whether I'll get Watch Dogs on October 28th... I'm not sure if that's enough time before Nov 19th.

AC Valhalla and Cyberpunk 2077 is all I'm interested in so I'm fine.

Also this.:cool:

I don't need to worry about release dates when already have my gaming planned out into the new year out of my backlog. Rise of the Tomb Raider and POE II next summer for me!

You hate November because there are a bunch of mediocre to average games and Cyberpunk 2077? :)
What mediocrity? I don't see any Doom nor Prey title in november... :p

What are these developers/publishers thinking?

I would take this personally. It's their revenge - probably they have detected your views on the future of gaming: mmos, microtransactions and phonegames. :)

a pibbur who won't suffer these problems because he these days plays strictly backlog games, and is in general not interested in the cyberpunk genre.

I thought this was going to be a political post :) I was Biden my time trying to Trump @joxer;'s statement, but just couldn't.

Oh, that's a bummah.

P.S. Don't play Cyberpunk until at least April! You know CDProjekt is going to put all sorts of nice, free stuff in there!

Oh, that's a bummah.

P.S. Don't play Cyberpunk until at least April! You know CDProjekt is going to put all sorts of nice, free stuff in there!

Yeah, I'll wait another six months for a handful of extra stuff. Right after I start my unicorn ranch.

Doesn't take that long anyway. It didn't with the Witcher 3. I was still playing the game when most or all of the FLC was released.

Why not? Free stuff, bug fixes, smoothly move to the DLC instead of trying to pick up the game again later, and all ya gotta do is play something else for about a year. You might even have better hardware to play it on!

P.S. Clearly you haven't had BBQ unicorn before. Some ribs, some onion rings, maybe a pickle....

Why not? Free stuff, bug fixes, smoothly move to the DLC instead of trying to pick up the game again later, and all ya gotta do is play something else for about a year. You might even have better hardware to play it on!

I've already been playing something else for a year. Screw that noise.

P.S. Clearly you haven't had BBQ unicorn before. Some ribs, some onion rings, maybe a pickle….

How dare you. We rent them out like ponies for rides on the magical rainbow bridge.

I'll probably finish the game twice or more before the DLC and expansion are released.:biggrin:
P.S. Clearly you haven't had BBQ unicorn before. Some ribs, some onion rings, maybe a pickle….
Hmm delicious roast unicorn meat…:drool:

unicornmeatchart16031132257817116-Modified-2.jpg

Yeah, I’m only interested in AC on that list. Jury’s still out on Cyberpunk. Maybe I’m losing touch with indie games ? I haven’t even heard of half the games on the list.

I think this picture should read "Dark Matter" instead of "Dark Meat" … :lol:

November is in fact a very strange month.

According to Wikipedia and common belief :

German 9.11.1918 : First Revolution
German 9.11.1938 : First open Nazi Pogrom attack
German 9.11.1967 : "Unter den Talaren der Muff von 1000 Jahren"
German 9.11.1989 : Mauerfall
English 9.11.2001 : World Trade Towers

November is in fact a very strange month.

According to Wikipedia and common belief :

German 9.11.1918 : First Revolution
German 9.11.1938 : First open Nazi Pogrom attack
German 9.11.1967 : "Unter den Talaren der Muff von 1000 Jahren"
German 9.11.1989 : Mauerfall
English 9.11.2001 : World Trade Towers
In the USA the common way to list dates is mm-dd-yyyy, instead of the dd-mm-yyyy, what we are used to. So 9/11 is not in November, but it is in September.

Back
Top Bottom