Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Now Available

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Harebrained Schemes sent out a press release with information that Shadowrun: Dragonfall is available today. As of now the game has three hours left till launch.
Harebrained Schemes’ Shadowrun: Dragonfall Now Available

Community Feedback Inspires Full-Length Expansion Campaign Set in Berlin

Kirkland, WA (February 27, 2014) Harebrained Schemes’ Shadowrun: Dragonfall, a major expansion for the magic-meets-cyberpunk tactical RPG mashup Shadowrun Returns, has launched today. Featuring a 12+ hour campaign set in the city of Berlin, Shadowrun: Dragonfall also contains a multitude of new features and enhancements for the core Shadowrun Returns game. The title is available for $14.99 (requires the original game to play) for Windows, OSX and Linux at the Steam store http://store.steampowered.com/app/272030, and a DRM-free version is offered at GOG.com. The original Shadowrun Returns game is also on sale for $14.99 for a limited time.

“The response to Shadowrun Returns was so overwhelming that it inspired us to pull out all the stops in creating Shadowrun: Dragonfall. We really did our best to listen to fans and act on their feedback,” said Jordan Weisman, founder of Harebrained Schemes and creator of the Shadowrun game universe. “We are thrilled to unveil our next story and can’t wait to see all the awesome new Shadowrun stories that the community will create with the Dragonfall expansion and the Shadowrun Editor.”

In addition to the incredible support they gave the project, from its announcement through its historic milestone as the first $1m+ Kickstarted videogame to ship, fans have shared hundreds of free Shadowrun adventures and content with the Steam Workshop community (http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=234650), greatly expanding the game world developed by Harebrained Schemes.
More information.

Last edited:
This just moved to the top of my to-play list. It's going to be interesting to see how they've adressed the shortcomings of DMS. I liked the game well enough, but it was to linear for my tastes, and not being able to use the skills of my team outside of combat was also a bummer.

I think by "now available" they meant in a few hours. HBS sent me keys for both a GoG and Steam version. I redeemed both of them but Steam still says 4 hours until it unlocks, and the GoG page for Dragonfall isn't up yet (although it says +1DLC in my account. Can't wait (but I guess I'll have to).

your comments bring me hope.

I was expecting only new campaign

I think by "now available" they meant in a few hours. HBS sent me keys for both a GoG and Steam version. I redeemed both of them but Steam still says 4 hours until it unlocks, and the GoG page for Dragonfall isn't up yet (although it says +1DLC in my account. Can't wait (but I guess I'll have to).
Same here

The post is updated.;)

There is still three hours till launch so have patience. Play another game in the mean time as this is not the only one released this week.^^

Sounds good, Returns was good but could have been better. I'd certainly try it out as I had fun with original, and if they listened to feedback, even better.

12 hours? That's not much.

I think Mitch Gitelman said in an interview that it can take more like 15-16 hours if you do all side quests. (Which is actually bit longer than DMS, IIRC). 12 hours is probably more what it takes if you focus on completing the main story arc as quickly as possible. Basically there's a lot more optional content in this one, and (hopefully) more choices that matter.

Looks significantly better than the first game. I guess I have to add this to the queue.

I'm overwhelmed with how many games I need to play. :)

I didn't realize I wouldn't be able to import my old character :(

I enjoyed SRR, briefly, but never actually finished it. I got quite far in, got a bit bored, had a break, and just never really went back to it.

Reading the review in RPS, this sounds much better. Less linear is a massive plus in my book, even if its an illusion to some extent it will be a big improvement.

Back
Top Bottom