Unofficial Patch 1.6 is out!

Wesp5

Unofficial Patcher
Okay, because of my Bloodlines work I haven't got too much time for this, but still there were some fixes done in the meantime that should be available to everyone out there still playing this underated game. You can find the latest patch here:

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/precursors.php#tp16

v1.6 12.07.2012
----
Fixed mission-order issues for Doctor Amon and intelligence officer.
Continued improving translation, names and similar inconsistencies.
Restored missing title for Doctor Amon's weapons experiment mission.

Thanks !
So basically the correct installation to play Precursors might be this?
1) GG Version Install
2) Sound fix 1 & 2 from GG
3) Unofficial Patch 1.6

am i wrong?

Ok I installed Gamersgate version, then put those two language files they provide to packages folder (1.26GB or so). Then I installed this patch 1.6.
The game seems to work ok.

I am just wondering, is this truly the correct way to install it, or should have I installed also patch 1.1, the russian dvd official one ? Or does 1.6 include everything and I do not have to worry?

I'm curious about the questions asked in the above post, as well…since I might buy Precursors soon from GG…

Last edited:
Or does 1.6 include everything and I do not have to worry?

The UP 1.6 includes all 1.1 game fixes but nothing engine related. To get this, you need to install the 1.1 patch which might bringt Starforce along. It's your choice...

The UP 1.6 includes all 1.1 game fixes but nothing engine related. To get this, you need to install the 1.1 patch which might bringt Starforce along. It's your choice…

Was there any like major graphical additional features or optimizations in the Engine in 1.1?

Of course, since the game's older - would it even matter much w/ my PC?
Probably not too much, eh?
I have Intel i950; 1 GB of GeForce GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7.

I could probably do - like I do w/ most games - a lot of additional graphical forcing on things through the NVidia Control Panel.

BTW - Ewwwwwwwwww @ StarForce. Is the Internet style StarForce as bad as the disc-check? The disc-check version in the old days was TERRIBLE.

The 1.1 patch supposedly introduced a fix for the crappy mouse acceleration, but with a fancy CPU like that I don't think you'll have a problem. It was frame-rate related I seem to recall, and this engine is quite CPU bound.

Are you sitting down? - it IS the disk check version! And yes it's still terrible.

The 1.1 patch supposedly introduced a fix for the crappy mouse acceleration, but with a fancy CPU like that I don't think you'll have a problem. It was frame-rate related I seem to recall, and this engine is quite CPU bound.
Good to know, thanks.

Are you sitting down? - it IS the disk check version! And yes it's still terrible.
Does the GG versions ship w/ StarForce?
Or any sort of DRM?
If yes - is there activation limits or anything?
How does StarForce do Internet DRM?

Or does (Russian) Patch 1.1 introduce StarForce?
Wait - so, the game actually LOOKS for a disc to measure and spin the crap out of your disc-drive, when there isn't even anything there? [eyebrow raised]

Or does (Russian) Patch 1.1 introduce StarForce?

That's the problem, but indeed with your PC specs, I don't think you'll need it. All actual game fixes and much more are included in the Unofficial Patch anyway...

That's the problem, but indeed with your PC specs, I don't think you'll need it. All actual game fixes and much more are included in the Unofficial Patch anyway…

So, does GG's version (without using Russian Patch 1.1) actually come w/ any DRM?

Well, looks like Gamersgate version installs Version 1.1 and it needs a (StarForce) Serial Key.
And guess what?
GG's currently out of Serial keys…

EDIT — Sept 1, 2012:
Should note, I got my key from GG and my game activated earlier in the week. Yay.

Last edited:
That's a shame. This game needs patches more than Bloodlines.

I don't have time to replay the game right now, but if you report a bug here and describe it well enough, I may still be able to fix it. Providing saved games to show the issues would be great as well!

Back
Top Bottom