Dragon Age 4 - Coming after March 2022

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Wccftech reports on an Q2 2020 Earnings Call for EA in which it was stated that Dragon Age 4 would likely not be seen until sometime after March 2022.

Dragon Age fans will have to wait even longer, though, as CFO Blake Jorgensen said the next installment is probably coming after fiscal year 2022 (that is to say, after March 2022).

Yeah, I mean, you should assume that there's, you know, Dragon Age out there, and we talked about it publicly that it's in the works and probably comes after fiscal '22. But, you know, we typically don't give multiyear guidance this early in the year or multiyear guidance period. So I don't want to start giving '23 guidance now that I've started a hint on '22. But you should assume it's out there and plans are underway for that product, as well as some other products.

Indeed, BioWare will want to take enough time with Dragon Age 4 to try and erase the misstep of Anthem (and, to a lesser degree, of Mass Effect Andromeda). In early September, General Manager Casey Hudson shared that pre-production is going well, though clearly there is still lots of work to do. If this writer could hazard a guess on the launch window, it'd be early 2023.
More information.

Yikes, that's what 8 years or more, since last game? Fans romantic preferences would've totally changed in that amount of time!
Usually say take your time, but this turned out not so well with Anthem/Andromeda.
New Dragon Age with flying space suits?

Yeah, I played Inquisition in late 2015 and I always play late. So much for the intricate plot developments from the last game - nobody is going to remember anything more than the broad strokes.

So per wccftech it's 3 more years till Dragon Age 76 or Dragon Age TOR appears. For all I care, it can be 30.

Well, we knew they had to start over a while back, but this was still a bit surprising, especially since games have a habit of being pushed back. It might not even be out by the end of 2023.

With all that this game promises, I can wait a long time. :bored:

Despite not liking the last Dragon Age, I still have very soft for the franchise in my heart so in some ways I am glad its got delayed since by the time it comes out, I would have enough time to forget about the last one!

Bioware can only pleasantly surprise me. Because I expect nothing from them, they cannot disappoint me anymore. They can have all the time in the world as far as Im concerned, cos I dont care.

Obsidian can probably pump out another Outer Worlds by then, and it'll likely be a better game.

Not sure if it will be good or not; not sure what EA is going to require of the game. This game as a service and on-line thing that EA now requires of most of their games is likely to have a negative impact but maybe EA will relax these requirements to save the DA ip.

Not sure if it will be good or not; not sure what EA is going to require of the game. This game as a service and on-line thing that EA now requires of most of their games is likely to have a negative impact but maybe EA will relax these requirements to save the DA ip.

I hope people at EA is not too stupid and realise that, their games as service things has not worked out well for last few Bioware games....

I agree, except I didn't even like Origins that much. :p

Bioware taking its time to load up the musket with all the powder they can gather for one finally shot!

Bioware taking its time to load up the musket with all the powder they can gather for one finally shot!
You could be right. If this one won't be a (financial) success they could be closed down.

You could be right. If this one won't be a (financial) success they could be closed down.

Closed down = removing the nameplate from the door.
No other change.

It's an EA announcement. Bioware is just the dead empty shell where they put some resources to do some stuff.
It's a marketing label and that game will probably be a "Live Experience".

Back
Top Bottom