Grim Dawn - Two Screens

The appeal of games like Titan Quest is completely lost on me. I need to be able to do more than just kill and loot things for hours on end.

Because some people, like myself, find them loads of fun. Building a character can be a lot of fun if the game does it right, like Titan Quest. But I can't and don't play these games for hours on end. (Although I have in the past.) I tend to play them in sessions of an hour or so. Sometimes it may be a few days or even weeks before I can get back to it. And it is easy to pick up where you left off and continue.

Just wondering. What do you need to be able to do besides "kill and loot things"?

Eat them ?

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

Actually, you couldn't convince me as I've seen the game for myself, so don't bother.

My post above was related to the controversy in your earlier post. I found it quite amusing that you praise a game, yet emphasise its deficiencies.

Convince you of what?

Why would I care about convincing you.

You're acting like it's strange that I list flaws of a game - and as such, I thought I'd ask if you wanted to hear the good things.

It seems to me that most people already know about TQ, but the flaws I pointed out haven't been talked about much - which is why I felt like mentioning them.

To me, the genre is about building a powerful character and seeing the potential fulfilled.

TQ had absolutely fantastic environments in terms of design and visuals - and the dual-class system was really great for experimenting. The loot was very varied and felt like a tangible reward - and it had tons of neat little features like the alternate "rune" system inspired by Diablo 2.

Basically, it's like an MMO boiled down to the core gameplay elements with an ending slapped on. If you play it cooperatively, naturally.

Singleplayer is pretty dull.

Because some people, like myself, find them loads of fun. Building a character can be a lot of fun if the game does it right, like Titan Quest. But I can't and don't play these games for hours on end. (Although I have in the past.) I tend to play them in sessions of an hour or so. Sometimes it may be a few days or even weeks before I can get back to it. And it is easy to pick up where you left off and continue.

Just wondering. What do you need to be able to do besides "kill and loot things"?

There's no specific answer to that. It's just that the repetitive gameplay of that particular sub-genre does not appeal to me, even if there are 100 ways to develope your character.

I can definitely see the appeal for others though, especially if your gaming sessions are broken up in the way you described.

There is a MOD for Titans Quest that is really good called Lilith. Very difficult Its huge ,great music its a single player journey thats very rewarding, new weapons and magic.

Aaaaand, more distinct character appearances. It was no fun running around in a skirt for ages.

That is so true. The abuse my TQ toon took from my Sacred and Diablo toons was unbearable. I finally had to delete those two games so he could play in peace.

Roland, how long did it take you to recieve your key-code after you placed your order ??? Happy gaming.

Same day as purchase by e-mail back in March :)

Proud owner of a Grim Dawn - Legendary key!

Regards

Back
Top Bottom