Elven Legacy - Ranger Released

Mmm, I bought a boxed Fantasy Wars on Play.com and Elven Legacy on Steam. Am I able to buy this extension for an extension on GamersGate or have I hit the limit of digital distribution ?

Anybody knows if a Steam version is planned ?

Mmm, I bought a boxed Fantasy Wars on Play.com and Elven Legacy on Steam. Am I able to buy this extension for an extension on GamersGate or have I hit the limit of digital distribution ?

Anybody knows if a Steam version is planned ?

no, Elven Legacy is not an extension of Fantasy wars. It's a different game (more like Fantasy Wars 2).
Not sure how expansions work on games bought through Steam though. I guess you should be ok buying it from anywhere since Steam doesn't change the executable, it just controls the installation, and once it's installed, it's the same as if you installed from a CD.

You are probably right for Steam, but how does GamersGate handle the install ? Does it also install as if from CD or is there a specific installation procedure in Gamergate which would prevent the detection of Elven Legacy on my computer ? Lots of questions for something which could be quite simple if the games were handled as on GoG.

On the Elven Legacy = Fantasy Wars 2 on the other hand, you are probably wrong :)
It's stand alone, ok, the campaigns are independent, but that's not enough to warrant the big "2" IM(not so H)O.

Doesn't surprise me a bit.

Maybe they'll bundle it one day together with Elven Legacy.

Cool, then I can hold off buying this until they're all together. I've waited this long to get Elven Legacy, I might as well wait until they bundle it all together.

A compilation of EL and all 3 expansions would be a great way to go and I would be lining up to buy it. I was almost ready to pick up the DL version of Elven Legacy, but now I'll wait and see if I can have it all on one nice disc.

The expansion is installed via a standard Setup.exe and only checks for EL to be installed. I have EL on both D2D and GG, don't know which was installed, but Ranger installed without a hitch.

The expansion is installed via a standard Setup.exe and only checks for EL to be installed. I have EL on both D2D and GG, don't know which was installed, but Ranger installed without a hitch.

That is nice, thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom