C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
Not sure how I feel about them being cute about the bugs they have in the game. Anyways, I hope they managed to get this fixed.

I recently stumbled on a thread on neogaf, and it's was pretty depressing, with people complaining that it's months later and the game still can't be bought on PSN.

I wonder how much they can salvage this. I hope they don't just go on quietly into the night.

Also, I wonder how will this affect the Witcher 3 next-get patch.

For PC I mean. The patch they said would include raytracing and all those bells and whistles.

Yeah, that's what I mean. I'm not sure it's going to be a patch. I'll be surprised if that's something they can just patch into the existing game. I thought it was going to be a separate game that will still be free to people who own the original.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37768/whats-new-in-night-city-patch-1-2-development-insight

This is some kind of a patch 1.2 preview a marketing guy published - at least I hope so.
If this are the highlights of the upcoming patch than I have no hope for this game. It feels like every single indie developer could accomplish more within this time frame.

Yeah, incredibly underwhelming. If it's just a snippet of what the "substantial" (their characterization, not mine) patch will contain, why wouldn't they lead with bigger stuff? If this is the most major changes they've made, that's pathetic.

Cyberpunk 2077 Lead Gameplay Designer leaves CD Projekt Red - PCGamer
Andrzej Zawadzki, a lead gameplay designer on Cyberpunk 2077, has announced that he will be leaving CD Projekt Red after nearly eight years with the studio. Zawadzki announced his departure on Twitter, saying, "After almost 8 years, my time at CDPR has come to an end. It's time for the new adventure. To every person I've met on the way – thank you. It was an honor and pleasure. See you around"

CDPR Faces Extreme Skepticism Ahead Of Cyberpunk 2077's 1.2 Patch

Link - https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...-of-cyberpunk-2077s-12-patch/?sh=663d512a44cb
Fans are gearing up for what should be Cyberpunk 2077's 1.2 patch out before the end of this week, or perhaps in the face of another delay, early April. It is once again the victim of CDPR inflating expectations, as they have long promised that it will be the biggest patch the game has seen to date, but so far the reaction from fans has been one ofextreme skepticism. Well-deserved, given where we are now.
Sales Hit 20 Million As CDPR Labelled “Most Hated Studio in the World"

Link - https://in.ign.com/cd-projekt-red-p...berpunk-2077-sales-20-million-cdpr-most-hated
“In just a couple of months CD Projekt went from the most beloved studio in the world to the most hated. Regaining trust of players and investors will take years, but it's not impossible,” the report claims.

In addition to this, DM BOŚ lowered its projections of Cyberpunk 2077 sales expecting a decline of 43 percent in the first 12 months from 35 million to 20 million and a four year projection that’s at 49 million from the earlier 70 million forecast, down 30 percent.

That said, it claims the Cyberpunk 2077 and Witcher studio still has a lot going for it.

“Despite serious but temporary reputation problems CD Projekt added 2nd big IP to it's portfolio and each of them [IP's owned by CDPR] attracted millions of players. It is a value that cannot be underestimated.”

I'm not too surprised if the patches don't have too many headline features yet. I suspect the release build was held together with paperclips and duct tape, and they've probably got to do a lot of low-level technical work, just to get things into respectable shape.

I'm also not too surprised.
PC players already finished the game and are waiting for expansions before replaying it, by that time probably all those silly bugs will be addressed.
Console players do not care much about CP game anyway as the game story is not dumb&dumber that can be retold with two sentences.

@ilm;: That's a decent list.
Yeah, that cutesy blog was a total misstep. The wider population of players are beyond that shit and just want the game fixed/improved.

(I have to admit I'm still looking forward to the DLCs, despite all the mishandling)

What a huge changelog!! So it means the game was finally released?? :p :p

My update on steam, which is just finishing, was 28.79 GB in size. The update was substantial it seems. Tend to agree with the others (boring I know) that the "cute" update wasn't really appropriate. When people are annoyed they probably want solid information and a professional update.

Christ, if that's what the next patch will look like too, they should have put the whole game to redownload fully. :D

Damn yeah the GOG patch 1.2 is almost 40 GB to download.

Already wasted over 300GB+ with patches and the initial download.

I shudder to think what the size will be with the upcoming large DLC's.:roll:

Link - https://www.altchar.com/game-news/c...rtedly-reveals-ten-upcoming-dlcs-afjbK5U2fzpQ
Now for the interesting stuff. Redditor also found info regarding these upcoming DLCs. Back in February, there were 18 DLCs listed on Epic Games Store but some of them were removed from the store earlier this week, reducing the number to ten DLCs. Three paid DLCs have also been added. Check out the listings below:
Free DLCs:

• Ripperdocs Expansion
  • Body Shops Expansion
  • Fashion Forward Expansion
  • Gangs of Night City
  • Body of Chrome
  • Rides of the Dark Future
  • The Relic
  • Neck Deep
  • Night City Expansion

CD Projekt won't Market New Games Early Anymore - PCGamer
CD Projekt still hasn't said whether or not it'll follow up The Witcher 3 with another big Witcher RPG, but did seem to imply as much this week. In a slide from its latest investor update, the company declared that "parallel AAA development" will start in 2022. The text is set over artwork from The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077's”pretty suggestive!

The future isn't quite as clear as the image makes it seem, though. CD Projekt president and joint CEO Adam Kiciński did say in the latest strategy update video that the company will work on two "AAA" games simultaneously by growing its operations (it bought a Canadian studio, as one step), but he didn't mention any plans for a new Witcher game, and definitely didn't indicate plans for a new Cyberpunk game. In fact, CD Projekt is backing off of designs for a Cyberpunk multiplayer game.

"Previously we hinted that our next triple-A would be a multiplayer Cyberpunk game, but we have decided to reconsider this plan," Kiciński said in the video.

CD Projekt SVP of business development Michał Nowakowski also said that, compared to past marketing campaigns, CD Projekt won't start showing trailers and demos until its games are "much closer" to launch. It may still tease things, but don't expect another years-long series of trailers and demos. If there is a new Witcher RPG in the works, CD Projekt isn't saying for now.

Yeah, this sounds like a "now we've finished developing the game" patch.

One of the problems with game patching, is that you've got two imperatives working against each other - to keep the on-disk install size of the game small, and to keep the patch downloads efficient. They don't really mix.

If you have uncompressed game files on the disk, you get a monster install size, but you can patch very efficiently - using delta patches that only download the individual bytes that have changed within files. But, if you start using compression to keep install sizes down, you can't patch that way anymore - if you make one tiny change to a file, it can completely change the compressed archive, and you have to download the whole thing again. So, it's a case of "pick one", unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom