Dying Light 2 - Delayed to February 2022

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on a delay into February 2022 for Dying Light 2.

Techland has just announced that Dying Light 2 has been delayed until February 2022. The game was originally targeting a December 7th release date. According to the team, the game is complete, and it's currently polishing and optimizing it. Thus, Techland will need some extra time in order to deliver a more polished product.

[...]
More information.

Real reason to much competition this holiday season and there not confident. Anyway it's already a year late since the developer went quiet last year missed the 2019-20 date.:)

Last edited:
Real reason to much competition this holiday season and there not confident. Anyway it's already a year late since the developer went quiet last year missed the 2019-20 date.:)

what competition? this xmas is a desert in games, all games moved to Q1 2022 or 'early 2022', they have a hell of competiton in february

Elden Ring (Jan 21)
Pokemon (Jan 28)
Rainbow Six Extraction (Jan)
Dying Light 2 (Feb 4)
Horizon Forbidden West (Feb 18)
Destiny 2 Witch Queen (Feb 22)
Sifu (Feb 22)
Saints Row (Feb 25)
Gran Turismo 7 (Mar 5)
Tiny Tina (Mar 25)
GTA V (Mar)
Stalker 2 (april 28)
Uncharted remaster PC & PS5 'early 2022'
Total war warhammer 3 'early 2022'
Forspoken spring

Elden Ring (Jan 21)
Pokemon (Jan 28)
Rainbow Six Extraction (Jan)
Dying Light 2 (Feb 4)
Horizon Forbidden West (Feb 18)
Destiny 2 Witch Queen (Feb 22)
Sifu (Feb 22)
Saints Row (Feb 25)
Gran Turismo 7 (Mar 5)
Tiny Tina (Mar 25)
GTA V (Mar)
Stalker 2 (april 28)
Uncharted remaster PC & PS5 'early 2022'
Total war warhammer 3 'early 2022'
Forspoken spring
Oh look at all those games and I'm not interested in most of them.

So they have my money already.:cool:

Anyway hey I was trying to be nice there mostly not confident and it's warranted due to various delays. All I'm expecting is an upgraded Dying Light on it's release.

Till then they can keep milking the original game.:)

I'm more surprised these days when a game isn't endlessly delayed.
Truer words have never been spoken.:salute:

I'll use the tired old trope and blame Co-vid again.

Oh look at all those games and I'm not interested in most of them.

So they have my money already.:cool:

Anyway hey I was trying to be nice there mostly not confident and it's warranted due to various delays. All I'm expecting is an upgraded Dying Light on it's release.

Till then they can keep milking the original game.:)

but still what competion THIS year? :biggrin:

I don't think there's a significant difference tbh, nor do I think it matters. None of those games are very similar to Dying Light.

I think the time window thing does not matter that much in the great scheme of things for niche releases. Sure Pathfinder and Encased were recently released, but a lot of people will wait until the bugs are ironed out, which may take a good while. Most people who cared about those games have already been playing different Early Access/beta stages for months, so the release date was anecdotal. Others have already finished either of those games and and are looking for something else to play next :)raises hand!:).

In the end, a game doesn't have to be played exactly the day it releases either. If it was a big blockbuster that sells millions of copies in a directly competing field, it may be worth pushing the release a bit further, but at the same time it shows character to not alter your plans because just about any other game releases close to yours, there is always games being released, every single week.

As far as we know, the makers of Atom might think it's Pathfinder/Encased who need to be afraid of releasing close to them, not the other way around.

Not me I hate Early Access and won't touch it, Eww it'S like cooties all over again.:cool:

Still all good points I'll give you that.:nod:

At least mainstream games don't use Early Access yet.:biggrin:

for those with weaker pcs, this will be on geforce now at launch

Attachments

• 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 35
if you count every brick and leaf... :lol:

Attachments

• 1555166562.jpg
    1555166562.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 29
I think they should delay it till November 11th, 2022. No competition then. Nut, who is sad that he can't really do parkour moves.

Back
Top Bottom