Non-RPG General News - Deathloop @ NoClip

Redglyph

proud GASP member
NoClip made a short documentary on Deathloop.

Deathloop's Design Explained by Creative Director Dinga Bakaba | Noclip

We talk to Co-Creative Director Dinga Bakaba about the unique design of Deathloop. Don't worry, no spoilers.

(Timestamps)

• 0:00 - Introducing Deathloop
  • 2:43 - Who was Deathloop Made for?
  • 4:44 - Designing the Opening
  • 7:57 - Objectives & Cognitive Load
  • 10:26 - Visual Design of the 4 Areas
  • 12:55 - The Kick & Scrapped Melee Combat
  • 15:58 - Reacting to Players & Reviews
  • 18:29 - Credits

More information.

Well that's something you don't see everyday a documentary for a just released game.

Now we know where half of the marketing money went.
The other part was used to buy PCG reviewers, but even them couldn't ignore the game is freezing on many PC setups.

Other than the technical issues, the overall response has been more positive than I was expecting. I want to give it a try, but I'll wait for a sale. I've got too much on my plate right now.

At first I thought the video was a preview of a longer documentary, it starts a bit awkwardly (and Bakaba isn't the quiet type, which adds to the confusion :D). It's short, but interesting nonetheless.

A game that I discarded too quickly because of the idea of loop and "only" action-oriented, but seeing this I'll probably look closer (later).

I have this game in my library, I haven't dared to try it yet.

The fact that it has PvP inbuilt deters me quite a bit, to be fair, but doesn't look terrible.

Played this for a bit on a 2070 laptop without any technical issues at all (so far). I hear some issues are mouse related and i use a gamepad…i dunno, im not a techie guy so i am unsure if that makes any sense…but ive had no issues at all.

I'll pick this one up when it's on sale, no rush. An Arkane game with pure unadulterated sandbox powers and gunplay minus the morality checks. Much like being Billie Lurk in Death of the Outsider, which unlike the previous entries in the Dishonored series, provided all the sandbox without the consequences (and still a great narrative). Not that I mind the morality concept in such games but it's also nice to have the guiltless freedom without it.

I have this game in my library, I haven't dared to try it yet.

The fact that it has PvP inbuilt deters me quite a bit, to be fair, but doesn't look terrible.
You can play it Singleplayer, which I do right now.

Love the game, the basic principle is very much like Mooncrash.

People need to try it for more than 10 minutes to learn that it is not simply a shooter.

It doesn't look very appealing to me but otoh, it is from Arkane - and Prey, the Dishonoured games and Arx Fatalis were all fantastic games imo, so I'll give it a shot at some point because that studio has earned some trust imo.

Back
Top Bottom