Pricewatch!

Pricewatch : Grey Matter is now cheaper. dtp lowered its price.

If I interpret a letter to the editor in the Gamestar forums correctly, then the next issue coming in May will have Daggerfall on the magazine's DVD.

Right now the magazine comes with A Vampyre story.

Yes, I have it already.

But it is the English-language version, and if they have a localized version on the disc, then I'll prefer it, of course …

Is it better or worse than FEAR?

Uhhh... worse I would say without hesitation, but they're pretty different. Think of Metro 2033 as sort of like a linear STALKER without RPG elements. Like if STALKER was only those creepy underground areas in a linear fashion, but with more cinematic storytelling and such.

Hmm, so worse in that the combat is not as interesting? I liked the STALKER atmosphere, but the repetitive missions and respawning almost killed it for me. It had enough variety to keep me interested. Not enough for a replay though (which is why Clear Sky is still on the shelf).

You ask too many questions. Just buy the fucking game, it's only 10 bucks…sheesh! ;)

They're already developing the sequel, Metro 2034. Both games are based on novels btw.

Hmm, so worse in that the combat is not as interesting?

The human combat is pretty good, but FEAR's combat is like the pinnacle of the genre for me, so that's a tough comparison. It works well though... the monster combat is typical monster combat, they just run at you.

It has some RPG elements like towns, stores and trading equipment. The story can be good but mostly it's the immersion that makes it a good playthrough. If you like the STALKER atmosphere and enjoy linear shooters I don't see how you could go wrong at $10, but then again I am someone who usually buys games at full price so we likely have different value standards.

OK, thanks. What made FEAR fun for me was creative use of the slo-mo, and being able to lure enemies into good tactical positions to surprise then with a shotgun in the face. ;)

OK, thanks. What made FEAR fun for me was creative use of the slo-mo, and being able to lure enemies into good tactical positions to surprise then with a shotgun in the face. ;)

Yeah this has none of that. There's a lot of creeping around in dark tunnels and then having half a dozen giant rats run at you while you shotgun them frantically. Then you will come across an enemy town and have some corridor shooting in dark hallways. There is some stealth if you play it that way.

The main appeal of the game to me was, again, the atmosphere. If you play games to be immersed in atmospheric worlds and situations I think you would love Metro 2033. That's the kind of gamer I am.

I apologize if this has already been mentioned somewhere on the site, but Fallout: New Vegas is being sold for $20 on Gamestop's website. There's a good chance that this is already common knowledge, but just thought I'd mention it just in case. I was planning on waiting for the inevitable "GOTY" edition since I've somehow not purchased this yet, but I don't know if I can hold off any longer when it's just $20 - and, if I get it now, I'd still have a decent amount of time to play it before The Witcher 2 comes out.

Back
Top Bottom